cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Response structure empty for HTTP to RFC synchronous scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a HTTP to RFC synchronous scenario.

The request is given to Price List ZBAPI.

The input to the BAPI is date, material no, customer no and condition type.

The output I am fetcching from access sequence table into the table FINAL type structure ZFINAL which is

then sent back to source as a response.

But the problem is that I get this table as empty although BAPI returns data

Regards,

Mozila

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you test in SE37 with the values you are sending from PI and if you get result then you should also get the result from PI. Make sure if customer number is 10 characters length and if your input is only 6 digits like 147852 then you pass your input with leading zeros as 0000147852. So make sure for numeric you pass leading zeros and make sure you pass the correct date format as expecting is your BAPI.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mozila,

Given the valid input data for DATE,Material no, Custmor No...etc...

Check the data in ur SAP system, if Data is avilable for the Inputs,

Then you will give same input from XI side, If any defaults input data in Function module, you need given that constant values also from XI side, Other wise it not get response.

Thank you

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

There are no errors in RFC Communication Channels

Also the mapping is correct.

I have checked the response in the sxmb_moni , there are no errors and the table FINAL is empty.

When I test the BAPI directly through se37 in SAP ECC the FINAL table has data.

But when I test through SOAP UI i.e, when i do the PI testing the FINAL table is empty.

Regards

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In Runtime Workbench, did you check response received by RFC adapter? What message content is seen in RFC receiver communication channel monitor? Is table FINAL populated in this response?

Is request data sent to BAPI via soapUI/ PI and directly in the business system is exactly the same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I have checked on the Runtime Workbench.

The FINAL table is not populated in response.

Also the data is same in soap UI as well as in the SAP ECC

One more thing, I tried hardcoding data in the FINAL table in the BAPI. In this case we are getting the hardcoded values in the response message content.

Regards,

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mozila,

Can you debug the called BAPI and analyze the response which is generated by it in the receiver business system when you perform tests via PI? The purpose of it is to get aware if the table FINAL is already empty when BAPI execution is completed (thus, BAPI should be analyzed in details) and it is sent to PI without any data or if this table gets empty when it is received by PI.

As a reference on how to debug such RFC calls, I could suggest you to have a look at the weblog written by Michal Krawczyk:

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/01/17/xi-debugging-rfc-calls-from-the-xi-not-possible-who-said-that-

Please also have a look at SAP Note Note 668256 regarding external debugging.

My regards,

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mozila,

Try to put an external Break point in your function module and try the same scenario with a RFC receiver channels which uses the same user through which you are logging in to your ECC system. With this you can debug your RFC at run time by calling through PI and checking what message is actually being received by the BAPI.

Regards,

Rahul

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mozila,

How did you check that BAPI returns data? Did you use an exact message sent from PI to the receiver business system? If not, I would suggest to take the message which was sent by PI to the receiver business system and use it when performing BAPI test.

Are table contents received by RFC adapter on PI side (can you see BAPI execution results in message contents for response message received by RFC adapter)?

Can you see any errors in RFC communication channel?

Did you check message monitor in Integration Server for the particular message? Are there any errors?

Please also check your message mapping - this may also cause the error in case RFC adapter receives correct results, but HTT client receives empty table.

My regards,

Vadim