Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI : literal does not match format string

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

My Scenario is ABAP Proxy to Oracle DB.

Messages are coming to XI Moni successfully.

In my Message Audit Log : this kind of error showing.

Could not execute statement for table/stored proc. "TBL_INBOUND_EVENT" (structure "StatementName1") due to java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string

JDBC Message processing failed, due to Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'TBL_INBOUND_EVENT' (structure 'StatementName1'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string

Delivering the message to the application using connection JDBC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Error processing request in sax parser: Error when executing statement for table/stored proc. 'TBL_INBOUND_EVENT' (structure 'StatementName1'): java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01861: literal does not match format string .

I have given error list.

Please help me to solve this error.

Thanks

Ahmed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All, i got solution for this , issue is with the date format that db is expecting which triggered that literal error, now fixed thank you razack

0 Kudos

sajid or ahed , did you find any solution

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
literal does not match format string

Data of one of the fields in payload does not match with the format specified in the DB....can you ensure that the DataTypes that you have defined for the fields are same as they are in Database......also check that the payload is sent in the required format.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replaying.

This is my DB Query and Datatype:

Sql> desc erp.tbl_inbound_event;

Name Null? Type -

> In XI I taken datatype as:

-

-

-

I_TRIP_NO NOT NULL NUMBER(32) -

> String (in XI)

S_VEHICLE_ID NOT NULL VARCHAR2(30)------> String (in Xi)

I_CARD_NO NOT NULL NUMBER(19) -

> Integer (")

S_EVENT_CODE NOT NULL CHAR(3) -

> String (")

DT_EVENT DATE -

> date ('")

S_EVENT_DATA VARCHAR2(4000) ---> String (")

DT_CREATED DATE -

> date (")

FLAG CHAR(1) -

> String (")

TIME_EVENT DATE -

> date (")

This is my DB Query and XI datatype i have mentioned.

I copy my Sender(ECC) payload form moni and pasted in ESR Mapping test tab, there mapping successful.

Sender Message is successfully showing in Moni .

In xi n Moni also showing message sucessfully.

Please provide solution.

Thanks

Ahmed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replay.

As per your suggestion I try to paste the payload in ESR in test tab.Here i am getting correct input .

And I am using same datatype which is defined in DB in both side ECC and DB Receiver in ESR.

Still I am unable to send the data and time to DB.

from My SAP ECC date format is : 2010-07-13

and time format is : 10:15:19.

No problem If I can send same format to DB but iam unable to send.

Please provide your valuable suggestion and Input so that I can complete this task, As I am unable to solve this Error from past 3 days.

Please

Thanks

sajjid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sajid,

Can you put your source xml payload here to see for any issues.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks for replay,

My Source ECC Payload :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><n0:MT_DeliveryAndExciseDetails xmlns:n0="urn://jspl.it/xi/SAPECC/SD/IF0103_DeliveryAndExciseDetails/100" xmlns:prx="urn:sap.com:proxy:ECD::700:2008/06/25"><DeliveryAndExcise><GATE_ENTRY_NO>9000009089</GATE_ENTRY_NO><VEHICLE_NO>CG13D7134</VEHICLE_NO><CARD_NO>6713206</CARD_NO><EVENT_CODE>S01</EVENT_CODE><EVENT_DATA>10000.000 </EVENT_DATA><EVENT_DATE>2010-07-13</EVENT_DATE><EVENT_TIME>10:15:19</EVENT_TIME><CREATION_DATE>2010-07-12</CREATION_DATE><FLAG>Y</FLAG></DeliveryAndExcise><DeliveryAndExcise><GATE_ENTRY_NO>9000009085</GATE_ENTRY_NO><VEHICLE_NO>CG13D1436</VEHICLE_NO><CARD_NO>6712257</CARD_NO><EVENT_CODE>S02</EVENT_CODE><EVENT_DATA>1101012226#01</EVENT_DATA><EVENT_DATE>2010-07-12</EVENT_DATE><EVENT_TIME>17:39:43</EVENT_TIME><CREATION_DATE>2010-07-12</CREATION_DATE><FLAG>Y</FLAG></DeliveryAndExcise><DeliveryAndExcise><GATE_ENTRY_NO>9000009085</GATE_ENTRY_NO><VEHICLE_NO>CG13D1436</VEHICLE_NO><CARD_NO>6712257</CARD_NO><EVENT_CODE>S05</EVENT_CODE><EVENT_DATA>20091223</EVENT_DATA><EVENT_DATE>2009-12-23</EVENT_DATE><EVENT_TIME>15:43:44</EVENT_TIME><CREATION_DATE>2010-07-12</CREATION_DATE><FLAG>Y</FLAG></DeliveryAndExcise></n0:MT_DeliveryAndExciseDetails>

Please provide your valuable suggestion ASAP.

Waiting for Replay.

Thanks,

Sajjid.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Issue is with the target payload....source payload wont help here.

Sajjid is the thread owner....are you posting on his behalf?

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Jul 15, 2010 10:08 AM

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Still I am unable to send the data and time to DB.
from My SAP ECC date format is : 2010-07-13
and time format is : 10:15:19.

What format is expected by the DB? It may be Datetime and you are sending Date and Time separately

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here there is no constrain of sending date to DB.

DBA told you can send any kind of date format.

Thanks,

Ayub