Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time trigger for refreshing the screen

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How to implement the time trigger for refreshing the screen after some time interval .

Thanks in advance .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Done ...

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

Just insert the timed trigger UI element into the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER of your view, and then set a suitable refresh rate in seconds in the properties of the timed trigger element. It's really nothing more to it.

regards

Frank

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

where do I have to place the UI element

actually I already did it ... I places the UI in the View which I want to refresh .

I tested it but its not working .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi naval ,

Time Triger UI element will execute the event with that time interval what you have mentioned in the Delay Property of Time Triger UI element

You have to write code in the onaction event .. code fore refreshing your page .. I.e invalidating your Node .

Regards

Chinnaiya P

Edited by: chinnaiya pandiyan on Jul 14, 2010 1:11 PM

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, I forgot to mention the action I guess you want to refresh with new data, so in the action you can just get new data and then bind it to your context.

Edited by: Frank Stødle on Jul 14, 2010 9:35 AM

naval_bhatt4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ya have done all of these things .. but still I cant see the values on the screen changing .

I have a webdynpro screen with a table which I want to refresh automatically , so that if some new data is changed in the transaction

eg : the list of PO ... if a new PO is created it should appear automatically .. and I dont have to refresh it .

currently its not updating the data on the screen .

frank_stdle
Participant
0 Kudos

Have you set a breakpoint in the action to see that it is actually being triggered?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Naval ,

set the delay propert Eg : 10

in the on action of the Time trigger Ui

invalidate the node of table .

write the select query for retrivig the PO from table into Itab .

bind the internal table to the node ...

But for your requirement it will efficient if you implement POWL query .

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60f1d5ee-84ab-2c10-ce97-97dfd89bc238?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

Regards

Chinnaiya P