cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap alert monitoring buffer shows red color

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

please clarefy me that in my sap dev system db02>alerts>alert monitoring>performance>buffers

shows red color and in that buffer values

buffer cache shown message is 99%>90%

library cache shown message is 100%>90%

redo log buffer shows message is 61<4000 -61<4000 redo entries per redo log space requests---

in above buffer cache & library cache are in green color and redo log buffer is in red color

please clarify me which steps can i take for this redo log buffer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

hi Experts ,

iam waiting for your reply how can we solve my present issue

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please read, and put questions.

http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70/helpdata/EN/b0/a42100eb7ec5478ebf2c846e2912e9/frameset.htm

BTW, can I know server usage type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

And what have you done in the meantime to resolve this?

Is this message also being shown in the checkdb log?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mark,

thanks for reply and here i checked in db02>alerts>alert monitoring>buffers>

in that i find redo log buffer and it is in red color

message is 61<4000 redo entries per redo log space requests .........

please what is it means and what action can i take for this

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below an explanation of the redo log buffer from an SAP course:

Parallel to changes made in data blocks, Oracle shadow processes write redo entries into the redo log buffer. This is a

circular buffer in the system global area that records all changes made to the database (both uncommitted and committed changes) temporarily. The Oracle background process log writer (LGWR) then writes contiguous portions of the redo log buffer sequentially to an online redo log file (or group of files) on disk.

So it could be an indication that your log writer is not able to write buffer entries to the redo log files. Do you have "checkpoint not complete" messages in the Oracle alert log?

How many log groups do you have?

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mark,

yes in my db02alerts>alert monitor--performance --check point colored hash

it shows check point not completed

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, if you have checkpoint not complete messages, then you should read the following note: Note 79341 - Checkpoint not complete

This can have quite a negative influence on the performance of your system, so I will take action in this if I where you. \

Probably when you have changed the redo logs, you will also get rid of your log buffer message.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mark,

i didnt get your point so please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, you are telling me that you have checkpoint not complete messages. If these have been resolved with the note that I mentioned, you get probably also rid of the log buffer message.

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi mark,

actually that check point not completed message is getting in two months back and today i get this redo log buffer problem...

so from your point of view first i have to resolve this check point by using note

and after redo log buffer is automatically solved ok naa

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

So you don't have the checkpoint message at the moment? Than there is no relation...

Kind regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

>iam waiting for your reply how can we solve my present issue

So, you are waiting for people to do your own work because you don't seem to have a clue about it and you are not happy because you had to wait an hour.

That is a really bad service for a free volontary help community !

I may seem grumpy but you could still wait a long time and that would not bother me.

I think that Mark is much too nice to answer you...

If you want help, work hard to learn SAP basis, read all available documentation on help.sap.com, service.sap.com, SDN blogs, use the search function on SDN forums, analyse your problem and then if you still don't understand something, ask a question here explaining all the work you have done before asking your question.

Best regards,

Olivier

Answers (0)