Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of the Purchase order at the item level and header level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are using SRM 7.0 system.

In standard SRM 7.0, the PO can be deleted at header level and at line item level. I need to know the differnce between these deletions. I found that if the PO is deleted at the line item level the deletion indicator (DEL_IND) field in BBP_PDIGP table is 'X'.

But i could not find any clue to find the PO which is deleted at the header level. I need to code this logic in a report .

Kindly provide your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

RK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, as Laurent said, I have verified this in our internal system

Regards

Lauren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lauren,

I have checked the table BBP_PDHGP field DOC_CLOSED for the deleted PO from the header level.The DOC_CLOSED field is blank and also the PO's status didnt came in BBP_PD. Can u plz share the steps which u have followed to delete the POs.

Thanks,

Ravi.K

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your PO has no output yet, you can delete it at PO header.

For this, you have to be in edit mode on the PO: button "Delete" is now available.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

I did the same wat you have mentioned. I got the message telling the corresponding purchase order is deleted but when i checked the CRM_JEST table and BBP_PDHGP the status I1040 and DOC_CLOSED field is not updated on the tables.

The PO which i have deleted still it was existing in the system. And it is allowing me to delete it again.

Kindly give ur inputs.

Thanks,

Ravi.K

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Did you switch on version control for purchasing documents ?

This could explain you don't see deletion data as you are not on good document version.

Regards.

Laurent.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two ways:

1. From the Header by clicking the DELETE button. And this is only possible when the PO is not yet output to Vendor.

2. The second way is to delete all the items in the PO. This is possible any time irrespective of the output sent to the vendor. But provided if there are no follow-on documents for this.

Some times we could see the Deletion icon active in Header , it is because there is change version existing.

When a PO is created and ordered, this is the first version of the PO. And this PO is sent to the backend and output is sent to

the vendor.

Now when you make a change and hold it, SRM creates the 2ndversion of this PO. Then when you delete this PO, SRM marks this 2nd

version of PO to closed. Also you receive the pop-op confirmation that PO was deleted at this point. However, this PO deletion is never sent to the backend and output is not sent to the vendor since this PO has never been ordered. This version is the Change Version. This is shown after the PO number field if you pay attention on the screen.

When you search for the PO, it will show you the ordered PO (No change version shown after the PO number). The system does not show you the deleted version which is version 2. That is why you see status is 'ordered'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent/Wang,

The correct status is getting updated now. the problem is resolved.

Thanks For your valuable inputs.

Thanks,

RK

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ravi,

Purchasing documents deleted at header level have field DOC_CLOSED from BBP_PDHGP table with value 'X'.

Besides, header status for the document is 'Deleted' (system status I1040 ).

Regards.

Laurent.