cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un-allocate budget Return After WBS closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert,

Is it a proper way for SAP-PS(T-code, program , or other ways) to return all the un-allocate budget when a WBS element is closed?

Many thanx!

Atom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use CJ35 or CJ38 to return unallocated budget but you need to "unclose" the WBS first.

go to edit > status > close > undo to remove clsd status.

if you want direct tcode to allow return of budget despite closed status, i dont think that is possible since attributes system statuses cannot be directly changed.

you may need an exit to undo and reset closed status for budget transfer transaction but that would be to tedious to do.

also consider use of user status that has similar effects of CLSD system status but still allows budget return.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your helpful input.

I know how to use CJ30/CJ38 related transaction to return all the budget when the system status is not CLSD. More specifically, I would like to request for a way to return all the remaining budget automatically when closing the project.

Tom

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

return all budget where?

when the project is closed the project data should be frozen

this way I have a report that the budget was say 3000 and the actual was 2500

if I then return the budget (to wherever? - the budget would be 2500 against actual 2500

how can I measure the efficiency of the project manager - everyone will look good

wrong practice in my opinion

there should be no need to return budget, unless you are using IM when the possibility to use budget elsewhere is a scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Virendra for your opinion.

The answer is Yes. We do want to return those budget because we are using IM and we want to allocate those "left-over" budget to another project.

Atom

virendra_pal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

then use IM52 with the return option

Answers (0)