cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GATP allocation by customer with wildcard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am facing a situation in GATP product allocations . We are using product allocations for ATP check by material, location and customer.

In APO i created characteristics combinations for the material/location/customer. customer has wildcard of "**********". all configuration of allocation is OK.

Now the situation is when i am doing a simulation for ATP check for the customer specified in characteristics combinations in planned area, every thing works fine. yet when customer doesn't exist in pre-defined CVC, i am getting an error with explanation of.

"The system could not determine the following data The characteristic combination of the item"

I am expecting to use "*********" to replace the undefined customer.

Has any body faced similar situation ?

Your help is highly appreciated

Regards

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raymond,

"*" does not represent a wild card characteristic unless you have defined it as such. Most common wild card I have seen used is "#", but many characters are available. You determine which character is the 'wild card' in /SAPAPO/ATPQ_COLLECT, where you generate your CVCs. I usually stay away from 'asterisk', but that is just my preference.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I found the root cause: the filed KUNNR in ECC has length of 10, yet APO turns it into length of 20.

the I the customer I created has char. length 10 which doesn't match APO length. I changed it to 20. it works now.

Thanks

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

After changing the length of customer to 20. the wildcard works. But the original specific customer doesn't work anymore since it come cross with length 10.

Any idea?

Thanks

Raymond