cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VMD_EI_API and custom fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a requirement to create Vendors and after investigating for a while, i came to this class: VMD_EI_API

In my tests I've been to create vendors with basic data with no problem, BUT in this client they have lots of custom (Z) fields. I see no way of using this class with these fields.

In a normal BAPI SAP usually provides a table called EXTENSIONS but nothing like this (that i can see) exists iun this class.

Maybe appending the fields to the input structure?

Thanks for reading

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrés,

yes appending the complex structure is the answer.

You will also find some BAdIs in order to make your custom checks and saving procedure.

See Enhancement VENDOR_EXTENSION.

Regards

Alain

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrés,

I have the same task to solve as Tabrez. I think the steps I need should be the same as whatever you did for vendor, although for the customer class. Could you help on these 2 points please?

1) When you say "append the fields you want to the complex structures" do you mean changing the DATA and DATAX parameters of the class by appending the Z structures in (for example) KNVV?

2) Then you call one or more of the BAdI definitions in CUSTOMER_EXTENSION to do the actual update?

Thks,

William

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the time i took to respond, but didn´t have the time to test this.

It works great! No problems, just append the fields you want to the complex structures and all done.

Thanks for your help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andrés,

I have a similar problem where I have Z fields in KNA1 table (Customer General Data).

I came to the conclusion that in my specific scenario I need to use CMD_EI_API, which is very similar to VMD_EI_AP. The problem is that the methods MAINTAIN and MAINTAIN_BAPI, do not support my Z fields.

I read in this post about using the BAdI Vendor_Extension (does also exist one for customers - Customer_Extension). However I am not able to find out how to use it.

Could you, or anyone else please help me in this issue with some detailed steps. I would really appreciate.

Thanks in advance,

Tabrez