cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product description in Alternative language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to CIF to APO, the material description maintained in alternative language in R/3 material master .

However, even after re-creation of the integration model and activating the new version on IM does not bring the alternate language description to APO. I have checked & did not find any blocked queues.

Could anyone please let me know where should I check for the problem and steps to resolve the same.

Thanks & Regards

Ankur Shrivastava

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur

The language that are you are trying to bring in needs to be installed in your APO. Unless the language is installed I dont think you can see the description in any other language except English (or whatever may be the language installed). Please check with your BASIS team and see what language is installed.

If I am not mistaken till that time, the characters will appear as junk in your description if you try to CIF in description other than in English (or your installed language)

You may check in transaction SMLT and see what languages are installed in APO.

Let me know if this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep

Edited by: Sandeep Budhiraja on Jul 14, 2010 2:05 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your response.

However let me add, that the language is already maintained, and further some products already have their alternative language descriptions getting picked up and readily updated in APO.

It is only for a few new products where the product description is not coming across.

Appreciate any help that you can provide further.

Thanks & Rgds

Ankur Shrivastava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankush,

As I understand, the basic data vew i.e. global product master data, gets CIFFed only once when product master isgetting created in APO. Re-transfer will not create / change the global data, hence the languages.

You will have to probabbly use an ABAP program to the appropriate table( /SAPAPO/MATTXT) or login in diff. lang. and create the same.

Analysis of the specific products for which the alternate language did not get tarnsferred , should be done.

Regards