Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to create accounting doc from invoice

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI all,

In creating an accounting doc from an invoice via VF02, i got an error message:

Cost Center SGCA/33150 does not exist on 7/7/2010.

First of all, we don;t have a cost center 3150.

Can anyone suggest why I cannot create an accounting doc ?

Why the message on cost center ?

thanks

Joyce

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

Go to tcode KA03 put in cost element 33150, you will see cost center is SGCA is set in 'Default Acct Assignment' tab.

My initial predictation is the cost element date is expired, just inform your cost center team to extend the expired date.

Thanks.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

There is no cost center 3150 in any cost element. Cost center 3150 does not exist at all.

thanks

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joyce,

Try to read this post

THanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess other people go to delete the setting in OKB9? maybe you could check on the change history.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the link

Joyce

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you know which GL Account? If you don't try VF02 menu Environment -> Account Determination Analysis -> Revenue accounts. It should give you a list of accounts and errors found. Then, check OKB9 whether automatic cost object is assigned per gl account or not.

Hope it helps.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ayethebing,

I looked at the Environment but find no errors. IN OKB9, i checked the cost element but there is no such cost center 3150 that are used in here. Sigh ! Is the message telling me something else ?

Actually, it should post to cost center 1850 instead. Where can i find where the invoice/ sales order make posting to cost center ?

thanks

Joyce

Edited by: Joyce Chan on Jul 14, 2010 4:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check the old billing doc that have similar data but can be posted in accounting? Then look into the accounting document. Do you have extra documents other than FI doc, and PA doc?

Also please check the FI doc posting. It may happen that someone create cost elements for some GL posted in the billing with incorrect type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you find the old billing doc with accounting doc and check what kind of docs created?

Normally you should have FI doc, and PA doc. Also do you have controlling doc or profit center doc associated with billing?

Do you have the cost-related condition type in pricing procedure?

It is also possible that someone create GL account as cost element with incorrect cost element type. So you can cross-check by investigate GL account in existing billing doc with cost element (KA03).

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Ayethebing,

The invoice has all the doc that you stated. The issue is related the an accrual cost for the condition type in pricing procedure.

It looks like the cost-related condition should be assigned to a 5000 series gl account, not 6000s series account.

Maybe this is causing the issue. I will give this a try.

WIll let you now if this works.

thanks !

Joyce

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Joyce

Identify the GL accounts that are likely to be posted ( if the posting were to go through). Typically you will have GL accounts for Trade Sales, Tax payable etc. here.

While displaying them using T code FSS0, click on the' Edit Cost element' tab and go into 'Display Cost Element: Basic screen". Now click on the tab, 'Default Account Assignment' tab and see if the cost center tab has been filled with '33150. If so, remove it. after checking with your FI colleague. Repeat this for all the accounts (likely) to be posted. I am guessing that is the reason.

Let me know how it goes.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandrasekhar,

I followed what you suggested. Still no cost center 3150 show up for the GL accounts.

I went to cost center master data screen and this cost center does not exist.

Do you have any other suggestions ?

Thanks

joyce

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check with your Finance team to alter the validity period (from period) of the cost center 33150. The error message indicates that on July 7th the cost center does not exist, this might be due to the cost center might have been created after July 7th.

Also you might be wrongly looking at cost center 3150. Your earlier message indicated that the cost center is 33150.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another thought, see if you have assigned cost centers to order reasons- T code OVF3. May be it is coming from there.

former_member496861
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva.

The error message is due to Interface posting as seen in invoice VF02. When i try to posting to accounting doc, this is the error message: Cost Center CompanyCode/ 3150 does not exist on 7/7/2010.

Sorry, cost center is 3150. I have looked everywhere and there is no cost center 3150 in my system. This cost center is related to a profit center 50. This profit center has status inactive since 2001 and we are still using this profit center for sales order last month. It still works, strange !

thanks

Joyce