cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price correction issues using VA01 for credits/debits

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

What would cause a user to not be able to enter a manual pricing condition on a credit/debit document type?

The scenario is that we need to enter a price adjustment but when we go to the line item conditions tab of VA01 the screen does not allow for any additions or deletions of conditions. I've clicked the analysis button and it shows the specific condition we want to add but again the screen does not allow for any additions or deletions regardless of the condition.

It seems to have been caused by a recent support pack that was installed sorry at this moment I can't tell you what we had and what we have as I'm still too new.

Thanks for any input you may have.

Regards,

Sandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandra

Firstly establish, if it is happening due to the support pack or not.

If it were not the support pack, the other possible reasons could be:

1) The condition types of interest might have been set up with D-Not possible to process manually in the field 'Manual entries'.

2) The Copy control from Invoice to Debit/Credit Memo request might have been set up at item cat level to not to allow these changes ( Pricing type).

These are my thoughts. Let me know how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indications are that is was caused by the support pack because one day it works as expected and the next day it does not. Other indications is that it was working in one system w/o the support pack but not working in a system where the support pack was applied. So most likely the support pack is the cause.

Going down the path that a support pack is causing the problem - how would I go about finding what specifically caused this to happen?

My appologies for these basic questions - I'm really new to the SD area (less than 2 weeks) so the configuration is still a bit fuzzy. When I do the analysis in condition screen it indicates the condition type is to be processed manually. And if it were just the condition type that was the problem then I would think the condition screen would allow me to delete/insert lines which it does not.

I don't know where the copy control is located to check to see if that is set up at item category level.

There were 2 questionable configuration items although again these were not changed recently....

VOV8 - creating the document type - this is set up as "A" standard sale not sure why it is not "9" credit/debit

VTFA - control entry for billing type "xyz" the pricing type = "D" which is copy pricing elements unchanged.

I think I understand why the VTFA setting is ok because this is just copying the elements .... it says nothing about the abiltiy to update.

Regards,

Sandrda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Though your description points towards support pack, my gut says no because if it were it would have touched many clients of SAP and would have been addressed immediately. What release are you in?

But in any case find out the number of the support pack that was recently applied and do a OSS note search with that. You can also find out your support pack status from the menu path System--> Status and clicking on the magnifying glass in the SAP System window. The likely components of interest would be SAP_AP, SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS.

Your observation from config- VOV8 - This certainly looks dicey, but if it working well before, it should be fine. What is the exact field you are talking about?

The path for copy control:

SPRO/IMG/Sales and Distribution/Sales/Maintain Copy Control for Sales Documents/Copying Control: Billing Document to Sales Document

Also, don't mind my getting into 'elementary' stuff, what's happening when you go to Item/pricing screen? Is it all grayed out? Can you come to the bottom of the screen and add a manual condition type there or by clicking the 'Insert Row' icon ( with + sign)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I see the logic behind your gut feel but as far as I know that is the only thing that changed - then again I'm so new that it's possible something else was changed that caused the issue. It would have to be transported at the same time as the support pack though or very close after.

I did the OSS note search and came up empty. And the copy control seemed fine. The one thing I noticed is that in the billing document we are referencing the line item has "no manual pricing". Would that carry over to this new document we are creating?

The sympton is that when we go to the condition tab on the line item the icons at the bottom of the screen that allow you to add a line or delete a line are greyed out.

This is where we are at as far as support packs:

SAP_AP SAPKNA7019,

SAP_ABA SAPKA70021,

SAP_BASIS SAPKB70021,

SAP_APPL SAPKH60017

Regards,

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am leaning heavily towards copy control:

What do you have in the pricing type for the item cat of interest (source)?

Also what do you mean when you say " referencing the line item has "no manual pricing"? Are you simply saying that there are no manual pricing conditions existing in the ref item pricing. That should not matter.

Also there could be some user exits in play which supercede the copy controls:

USEREXIT_PRICING_RULE (module pool SAPLV61A, program RV61AFZA)

In the standard SAP system, it is predefined which condition categories and classes can be copied or recalculated per pricing type. You can change the predefined standard procedure for each pricing type.

USEREXIT_CHANGE_PRICING_RULE (module pool SAPMV61A, program MV61AFZA)

You can use this user exit to change the pricing type that has been predefined in the copying control table in billing

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Try the below way.

Go to SPRO

Sales and Distribution->Basic Functions->Pricing->Pricing Control->Define Condition Types to check your condition.

Make sure Munual Entries you put blank and Delete is tick.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't seem to find the pricing type of the item category. All I can find the "define pricing by item category" and I don't believe that is what you are referring to.

Ignore my statements about the manual pricing, I think I understand now that is unrelated to my current issue.

Justin - the pricing condition is set up as "manual is priority" with the delete unchecked. The issue is the condition screen does not allow us to add/delete any condition so I do not believe it is the way the specific condition is set up.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Sandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

As it turns out this was due to the application of the support pack. If you are curious the OSS note is 1463852. It only showed up as I started to create a customer message.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

Sandra