cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate and Send WMTOID02 (WMTORD) Idoc to MII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Like we have POIT transaction in SAP ERP to genereate and Send Idocs Process or production orders ( LOIPRO01) to a RFC listner, is there a similar transaction to generate and send Idocs for WMTORD (WMTOID2) idocs?

I understand that the authomatic way is to have a change pointer progame but i want to test the idoc before we write a changepointer ABAP program.

Regards

Suraj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no separate push transaction from ERP for the Pick. I believe this iDoc is used in concert with a BAPI or function module to send the Pick. Regardless, there is no transaction like POIT to push these. You would need to check the functional transaction to determine if the iDoc is generated and sent in the background upon saving (like a goods movement).

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try these function modules,

[L_IDOC_CREATE_WMTOID01|http://www.se80.co.uk/sapfms/l/l_id/l_idoc_create_wmtoid01.htm]

[L_IDOC_CREATE_WMTOID02|http://www.se80.co.uk/sapfms/l/l_id/l_idoc_create_wmtoid02.htm]

I think you should also try posting in ABAP forum too.

Good Luck!!

Regards,

Adarsh

Edited by: Adarsh Sidnoor on Jul 13, 2010 11:38 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to resolve this issue with a simple configuration in the OMKY transaction since i was using a standard Idoc. Thanks to answers from Mike and Adarsh.

Regards

Suraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mike / Adarsh / Deirdre ,

I was able to find the solution with responces from all of you.

I spent some time with the WM documents and found the OMKY (tcode) transaction is the easiest way to generate and send the the WMTOID02 idoc without any custom ABAP coding. (Offcource there is no standard SAP GUI like POIT for this Idoc as mentioned by Deirdre).

In the OMKY transaction I had to identify the Message type that was to be automatically generated (since i was using a standard Idoc) for the Warehouse that I wanted for. and then i had to mention the FM that would generated the Idoc i,e L_IDOC_CREATE_WMTOID02 . Thats all.

there were some other simple configurations in the same Tcode (OMKY) to link the Partner profile with the generated idoc and we were done. Now every time a Trasnfer order is created for the warehouse an Idoc gets sent to SAP MII idoc listner.

Thanks again guys.

Regards

Suraj

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for the ECC t-code for generating the WMTORD IDoc, right? And you probably don't care whether it needs to be processed by either a RFC Listener or an IDoc Listener when it gets to MII?

In general, you send IDocs to an IDoc listener MII, but you may also do something along the lines of sending a control recipe (t-code CO53) to an RFC Listener in MII.

Do you have a t-code or codes you can provide for related activity? Also is this for WM or for EWM?

Regards,

Mike

Edited by: Michael Appleby on Jul 13, 2010 7:14 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

THanks for your responce , below are my answers to your questions....

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for the ECC t-code for generating the WMTORD IDoc, right?

Right

And you probably don't care whether it needs to be processed by either a RFC Listener or an IDoc Listener when it gets to MII?

I would receive it in an IDoc listner and then process using BLS transaction attached to a Processing rule in the message services.

In general, you send IDocs to an IDoc listener MII, but you may also do something along the lines of sending a control recipe (t-code CO53) to an RFC Listener in MII.

I would want to send IDocs to an IDoc listener MII. Similar to the LOIPRO01 example (http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a02bc7[[PDF] How to Send an IDoc from SAP ECC to the SAP MII IDoc Listener|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a02bc706-15f2-2c10-1aab-a1927ada11f0?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true] for production orders

Do you have a t-code or codes you can provide for related activity? Also is this for WM or for EWM?

LT01 and LT10 are the Tcode to create the Transfer orders. This is for WM.

Regards,

Suraj

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

I would try testing the two function modules that Adarsh mentioned. One interesting thing occurred when I took a look at them from within a transaction using an SAP_JCo_Interface action block. I could not see them when I did a Get List from the Configuration Editor using the wild card L_IDOC*. But when I typed the whole Function Module name in, it returned valid Request/Response templates so it is apparently remote enabled.

I am not familiar with these Function Modules, so I would suggest that you check with the ABAP board(s) or with a knowledgeable BASIS/ABAP/WM person to figure out how to make it work properly.

Regards,

Mike

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

Typically these two function modules are not remote-enabled unless someone with specific access key has modified its Remote attribute.

In our ECC system these Function modules are not remote enabled hence even I couldn't retrieve the above idoc names via search pattern In JCO action.

But if I directly provide the FM name in JCO action and hit generate sample request/response it literally generates the structure even though FM's are not remote-enabled.

Pretty strange but I am wondering how is it possible and what is the point of having remote-enabled.

Adarsh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Were you able to execute the transaction successfully?

Thanks,

Mike

sidnooradarsh
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mike,

I got it

It seems it only generates the Request/Response templates but when i try to execute it errors out saying

[ERROR] Unable to make RFC call Exception: [The function module "L_IDOC_CREATE_WMTOID02" cannot be used for 'remote' calls.] 

Regards,

Adarsh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Adarsh,

Very interesting. Thanks for testing it.

Mike