cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java Stack not installed with ABAP Solution Manager System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Unbelievable, we do not have a Java stack installed by default on our EhP1 Solution Manager system!!

I have a 2 part question and initially would like to understand the short comings of what this missing stack means.

I understand that diagnostics, PI integration and local SLD would be a problem but is there any other major factor for having a Java stack?

*Questions: *

1. Very basic but how is it even possible to 100% confirm whether there is a Java stack installed or not?

I have seen the HTTP service active in SMICM

Is there anything else on the OS level or to determine Java components etc?

2. Assuming we do not have a Java stack installed (99%) sure, then how possible is it to install this separately on the same host as the ABAP stack and how do I go about doing this separate from the initial install? Is there a guide, document, link...button that will perform this task?

Regards,

-Rohan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Rohan,

Unless you specify during install Solution Manager just creates an ABAP stack.

If you don't select Java at install, you will have an ABAP only installation.

However you can Install the Java Add-In to an existing Solution Manager Installation.

For this you will waqnt to reference the installation guide for your release and SP level.

You should be able to tell at a quick glance if Java is installed by looking at the contents of the SAP MMC at the OS level.

I hope this is somewhat helpful.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you're missing the java stack, you miss much functionality:

SLD (and therefore SMSY_SETUP from SLD)

SMD (and therefore monitoring support for java satelites, including EWA for java)

SLM (and the maintenance_organizer extentions that allow MOPZ to control the download and full deployment of support packages.

Ken

Former Member
0 Kudos

Execute transaction SM51 on the ABAP stack. If Java is installed you should see a J2EE entry in the Message Types area. If not installed, you can easily add it with sapinst.

WL

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have used Installation Master of Solution Manager then it must install Java instance by default.

You can check at OS level by going to profile directory and check there SCS profiles exists or not.

Also go to the profile directory and run below command:

jcmon pf=<instance profile>

Then press option 20. If it will show you Dispatcher, Server node and SDM running then it means java is installed.

Thanks

Sunny