cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Characters "_-" translate to "/" whecalling remote enabled function module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know why characters "_-" are being translated to "/" when calling a ECC remote enabled function module from a xMII BL Jco action block? The problem occurs when a business logic Jco action sets a character field in the table parm section of a function module to something that contains "_-" Example "A_-B". We placed a breakpoint in the ECC function module and when the business logic transaction is executed and the data is sent from xMII to SAP ECC, it is changed to "A/B". The translate does not occur if you set a character field in the import parm section of the function module; it only occurs when in the table.

One way to get around the problem is to use the base64encode function to convert the string before it is assigned

to the target XPath in the link editor, and then to add code in the ECC function module to decode it back to its original value.

We were just wondering if anyone has seen this problem or knows why it is happening.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I have seen SAP convert the '/' in BAPI names when calling a web service as well. I think this is because the slashes confuse the xml parsing. e.g. SOMETHING/SOMETHING/SOMETHING_FUNCTION. Maybe SAP/MII isn't distinguishing between the BAPI structure and the contents.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christian,

you're right. If your IDoc contains a SAP customer name space like "/myspace/bla_" this prefix is converted to "_-myspace_-bla_". When sending IDocs to SAP, you use the notification "_-myspace_-bla_" inside the BLTs, but when send to SAP, it has to be "/myspace/bla_" again.

So I guess the workaround has to fix this.

Michael