cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service - Check List

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I want to call a Webservice from XI what are all the components that I need to Address? (Like Adapter, Web service Name, Input to the Web Service Etc)

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohini,

Some of the weblogs which discuss scenarios using webservices:-

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1 - Here, Shabarish Vijayakumar has posted the request(which has come from an RFC)to a webservice which calclates the distance between two places and got the response.

Here's another where Naveen Pandrangi calls a webservice from a database:- /people/sap.user72/blog/2005/10/20/consumingcalling-webservices-from-databases

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You can call a webservice by using the SOAP adapter. What exactly is the scenario- send some data to the webservice and get the required result(i.e. use a webservice)? or create a webservice??

Regards,

Sushumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Use XML spy to see that you are able to call the webservice from the network and it's working fine.

2. SAP note on SOAP adapter: 856597

Document on SOAP adapter:

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700002953992006E/HowToUseSOAPAdapter.pdf

Parameters for soap adapter:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/5bd93f130f9215e10000000a155106/content.htm

Regards

Vijaya

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

What exactly is the scenario that you are trying?

Are you planning to use a Webservice as a Sender or as receiver?

If it is a Sender, which implies the Webservice will be used to trigger the process in XI, then you will need to Sender SOAP Adapter and XML Spy to trigger the service.

If you are going to invoke a webservice from XI using a reciver SOAP adapter , then you need not have XMl Spy.

You can configure a Receiver SOAP Adapter and while doing this, the paramters you need to enter are TARGET URL and SOAP ACTION which you will need to get from the WSDL of your Webservice.

Regards,

Bhavesh