cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSCS 2008: Additional sap system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an MSCS 2008. I've successfully installed an ABAP system with two separate resource groups: DB and ASCS. There is also a local ABAP CI installation and an ERS instance on both nodes. The ABAP system works fine and switches over without any problems.

According to SAP documentation - multiple SAP systems can be installed on the same MSCS cluster, provided each is using a different resource and disks. Bit once I try to install a J2EE system, the installation fails and gets confused with the EXE directories.

Has anyone performed this sort of installation? If so, can you please guide to what I might be missing. I've created a new resource group for the SCS.

I've seen the thread

Best regards,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my brief understanding you have something like:

NODE1:

ASCS-00 - ABAP Message Server and enqueue.

NODE2:

DB - Oracle/SQL Server or whatever.

SCS-01 - Java Message Server and enqueue.

Some thoughts:

I would make sure that you are using different system IDs for the two SAP systems.

You should also think about what the "share" names are called instead of just SAPMNT etc, especially if these system could run on the same node at some point.

Don't forget about environment variables. Are you installing into the cluster using the new <sid>adm user...

Regards,

Darryl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closed due to lack of public interest