cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data in R/3 and automatic creation of CVC ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we have requirement that all the master data created in R/3 should come to APO.Now some of the master data are optionals in R/3 so we need to develop a custom program so that if any master data is missing in APO then Master Data Controller should get email.

Is this possible ? Youe help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sure all the information require to create CVC will be available in ECC system. I will suggest to create functional model to get all the information in the require format as view for example. You can create a data source based on this view which can be extracted in APO BW system on daily basis.

Once you extract the information in APO BW, you can right small ABAP program which will compare the resective CVCs present in R3 data source and MPOS. Filter out the existing CVCs and only transfer the new CVCs to Infocube from which you planned to create a CVCs. You can check if you are able to apply the same logic at your end.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

You can use a User exit on the APO end. Some of very useful exits that could be used are

1. ZXCIFUSERU14

2. ZXCIFUSERU05

3 ZXATPQUSERU02

4. ZXATPQUSERU06

5. ZXATPQUSERU12

These are the main CIF exits through which data from R/3 flows into APO. You can look inside the data in these exits.

And if the data is not found then you can shoot that mail you were referring to.

Pls. award points if useful .

Regards

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

I am afraid I can't throw any light on your requirement. But we had a similar requirement for our cleint. What we have done is that we have created a standard template of the recommended values at each product lcaotion for particular set of locations. Month by month we download the master data and compare the same with the template. If any data is missing or incorrect, the corresponding user is alerted.

I am not sure if this should help you. Incase you are interested in this approach, I can provide more details.

Rgds, Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

My client is not that much comfortable to the maintenance of master data.

Can you please throw some light in your approach so that we can provide some solution to the client.

Rgds,

Prabhat Sahay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Prabhat,

If your client is not comfortable in maintaining a master data, then you can populate some fields in APO during the initial transfer or change transfer itself. You can include the logic and the values in the CIF user exits so that whenever a new product is CIFfed to APO, some default values are populated in APO.

You can develop a Z table and maintain the values in the Z table and ensure in your development that this Z table is hit and the values are populated in APO.

This is one approach that i can think of which will ease the job of your client.

I hope this helps.

Rgds, Sandeep