cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 File to File scenario - Target Directory file is not appearing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In PI 7.1 File to File scenario , I am placing an incoming xml file into the source directory with adapter type of "File". It is polling the file, deletes it.

But in Target Directory (File Adapter) for same respective location my (output.xml) file is not appearing.

I checked u2013 communication channel, Message monitoring working fine at their level.

What could be the reason?

Thanks,

Anshul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please confirm that you select -->create target Directory option in the configuration on Receiver Communication Channel.

also do a test mapping to verify that the result structure us right.

also the status "green" means that the message is stuck in a bloked queue. please check in the SMQ2 if there is a queue bloked. also register the queues in sxmb_adm-->manage queue.

Thanks

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Jul 14, 2010 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

First of all thanks for your response.

My problem is Queues are getting blocked in SMQ2 i.e why showing green flag in MONI.

But what is difference between registering in u201CSMQRu201D and SXMB_ADM. Because :-

I made Scheduler Status : Actv.

And in SXMB_ADM u2013> Manage queues

If I register queues u2013 Registration complete

After that If I activate queues, It is getting - "Registration Cancelled"

~ Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

just check why queues are getting stuck.

As i said registere all the queues again using SMQr tcode.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

I got file at Target Directory. Thanks.

But suggest, in SMQR - If I activate option - Activate Scheduler

Still it shows Scheduler Status : Inactv.

Or what is the process to activate Queues.

~ Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The status is fine not an issue.

If ur problem is resolved kindky close the thread.

chirag

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is clear through SXMB_MONI (IE) then check if the default adaper-module of the FILE channel is not misplaced.....do you find message trace in your receiver file channel in RWB?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag, Shabarish, Abhishek,

Both (Sender & receiver ) Communication channel monitoring functioning properly.

The Status of flag is chequered "green" in SXMB_MONI.

I checked the smq1 and smq2 tcode where queue is not stucked also.

But I didnu2019t find any message status in "Message Monitoring" in RWB.

~ Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

flag in MONI should be black chequered not green.....pls check that. also go to RWB - message monitoring - and see the message log in detail not the adapter engine log.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chirag,

In RWB- Message Monitoring - Messages from Component

If I go for "Integration Engine" option -- It is shwoing some messages in 'To be Delievered " Status.

But in case of "ADapter Engine" option not shwoing any messages.

Thanks,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

For the messages in Integration Engine with status "To be Delivered" can you check the Audit log and find where the message is stuck. Please provide the audit log entries, so that we can find more details.

Thanks

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u paste the log here- also can u resend the message again using resend button.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I repeated every step again. Now it is "Succesful" in RWB. And rest working fine too.

But still output file is not appreaing in Target Directory.

*Log:

-*Information The message status was set to DLNG.

Information The message was successfully transmitted to endpoint http://piserv:50000/sap/xi/engine?type=entry using connection File_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

Information The message status was set to DLVD.

~ Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Can u confirm on below after u run the scenario again:-

1. Is ur file picked up by file adapter?

2. Is MONI status is successful with black chequered flag.

3. Is RWB- Message monitor - Integration engine status is successful.

4. What is the status of Adapter egine as well as receiver file adapter?

so that we will drill down to the exact problem where it is not.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chirag,

1. Yes, Sender file picked up by file adapter from respective location.

( I am giving same location for Target Directory)

2. MONI status is u201CGreenu201D (Status -Recorded) chequered flag.

3. Yes, RWB- Message monitor - Integration engine status is successful.

4. The status of Adapter engine as well as receiver file adapter is Functioning u201Cgreenu201D

~ Anshul

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
2. MONI status is u201CGreenu201D (Status -Recorded) chequered flag.

It should not be green.....the message does not seem to reach Adapter Engine.

Any more details available from SXMB_MONI for the Green Flag? Also check if your queues are registered SMQR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SMQR register all the queues again and activate it.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

Please check the following things:

1. If the status in Moni is Recorded (Green Flag) and not Processed Successfully (Black and white checkered flag), then this means that your message is still in Integration Engine and is not processed to Adapter Engine. In this case try registering queues in SMQR as mentioned by many others. or double click the message in Moni and get the Trace and share it here to provide more info.

2. Check the payload of your sender message in Moni and give view source and copy the xml and test your Message mapping for any mapping errors.

3. Are you using File Content Conversion? If yes then confirm the validity of your xml formed.

4. As you mentioned that you are getting a successfull message at receiver in RWB. Then check in Communication Channel Monitoring for the Receiver channel, whether you are getting the same message ID as it is in Moni. Also click the Message ID and check the payload of the message, if It is the desired payload.

5. If all above is fine then check whether you have required access to write a file in the receiver directory.

Hope this will help you tho solve the issue.

Regards,

Rahul Grover

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I faced the similar issue earlier .Here are few Tips:

-Since your File CC (Reciever is green) in RWB , Check the Extension of File you have given in Directory>

Example

-Target path is set and is correct(If it is not you would hvea got an error like Target Directory doexsn't Exist)

-How is FILE NAME SCHEME : Is it something like : %FileName%.txt (To pick file of any name ) ? If YEs , Under "Advanced Mode", Set the Adapter Specfic Attributes :

1. Use Adapter Specific attribute

2. Fail if the Adapter Specfic attribute is misisng

3. File Name

Secondarlily, as said earlier , Check your Reciever Determination setting and Under (Business Service >Reciever Tab , check the Message Interface is added .If not add and activate)

-Stop and start the Communication Channelu2019s , (Refreshing Setting), make sure The Reciever CC is first started than the Sender CC

-Message Monitoring :

At some stage , unknowingly during Testing , Sender CC will not be stopped (Disabled).This results in processing of Messagewhich will be in WAITING status. Make sure the waiting status message are cancelled /resent when you are activating the Sender CC .This will ensure that Queue is

CLEAR FOR NEXT FRESH MESSAGE PROCESS

Please reply to this thread if it works ... so it helps others:)

Best Regards,

Vara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check following:-

1. Communication channel monitoring and the respective log of both the file adapters.

2. SXMB_MONI message.

3. Make dummy changes in File receiver adapter and activate it again also do the cache refresh.

chirag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anshul,

did you check transcation sxmb_moni?

If your file is polled, but does not show up in the receiver channel, there might be a problem in the Receiver Determination / Receiver Agreement,...

regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Yes, I already checked in SXMB_MONI. It is fine there "Green". Still output is not coming at Targer Directory.

Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status should be chequered flag not the green flag- it means it is scheduled form processing.

check the smq1 and smq2 tcode whether queue is not stucked.

chirag

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check in SXMB_MONI - it should be a chequered flag and not green.

Also you can go to RWB -> message monitoring -> Adapter engine (database) to get a clear log