cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup DR site for ERP ECC 6.0 (ABAP)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

For prepare to setup and config Oracle Data Guard in DR site

I have a question for this issue as follows :

If my system is Central System with Sap Application and Database Oracle in the same server . In the DR site, please guide me what steps which I need to do ?

If my system is Distributed System with Sap Application and Database Oracle in the differ server. In the DR site, please guide me what steps which I need to do ?

Thank for your guide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

I have configured standby model for database Oracle successfully. Now, i have a issue with application SAP as below :

In site Primary, when I update Support Package Patch for Application SAP -> With site Standby, how do i do this in site Standby ?

Please guide me for standby applications SAP

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SP's updates the database tables creating log files. When u apply these logs, the patches will get applied in DR site also.

In case if u r doing a kernel update, u need to do the same at the DR site as the kernel upgrade is done at the OS level.

NB: Rewarding encourages the contributors.

Regards,

Varadharajan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Yes , in the both site Primary and Standby with the same hostname but differ IP address.

I have already installed a new instance SAP with (CI + DB) in DR site with SID, hostname and instance number the same as Primary site

How about must I config tnsname.ora and listener.ora ?

How about to set initialization parameters using u2018spfileu2019 (Primary & Standby) ?

Do I need to create standby controlfile (Pimary) ?

Please guide me

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Please anybody help me answer me questions

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In step 1 : "Install SAP on DR site (including CI & DB)" -> With this step, I must install a new instance SAP with (CI + DB) in DR site as normally ? CI+DB must have a SID, hostname and instance number the same as Primary site ?

Ans--> yes install DB+CI on one instance and it must have same SID,hostname(not necessary),instance number

step 3 : "enable force logging in primary site" -> I have not understand your comment, please guide clearly ?

Ans--> u need to implement force logging in primary database

sql> select force_logging from v$database;

sql>alter database force logging;

In step 4 : "From your primary site shutdown db and copy the datafiles to the DR site" -> With this step, before shutdown DB and copy datafile in Primary site to DR site, How do I do with the datafile was created in DR site at step 1 ( Must I delete them in DR site ?)

Ans-->do not copy the datafiles of primary to standy database. just take a full offline backup of primary database, then restore it on standby database(only restore do not open it), then configure oracle DG

In step 6 : "Create a backup controlfile" -> why create a backup controlfile while at step 1, we have a controlfile after a new instance SAP was created in DR site - I think If a new instance SAP was created in DR site, controlfile in DR site the same with Primary site (sorry if my thoughts are not true), please clearly

Ans--> u need to create a standby controlfile and it will be created from your primary database.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

for your reference i am listing down the steps in serial order, first complete one then proceed to second and hopefully u will be able to configure Oracle GD

Summary Actions

u2022 Implement Force Logging mode (P)

u2022 Synchronize O/S clocks

u2022 Create password file (P & S)

u2022 Create identical Primary & Standby sites (P & S)

u2022 Create / Modify Oracle SQLNet configuration files (P & S)

u2022 Set initialization parameters using u2018spfileu2019 (P & S)

u2022 Check that u2018archivelogu2019 mode is enabled (P).

u2022 Backup the Primary dB for restore to Standby node (P) [if not exist].

u2022 Create standby controlfile (P) and u2018scpu2019 to standby site.

u2022 Start the listeners (P & S)

u2022 Startup standby database (S).

u2022 Put Standby database in u2018managed recovery mode (S).

u2022 Check the database protection mode (P).

u2022 Verify log shipping to Standby is working (P).

u2022 Verify log apply to Standby (S).

P------> Primary database

S------> Standby database

Regards

Sumeet Kapur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SBK

I have a few question about your comments

In step 1 : "Install SAP on DR site (including CI & DB)" -> With this step, I must install a new instance SAP with (CI + DB) in DR site as normally ? CI+DB must have a SID, hostname and instance number the same as Primary site ?

In step 3 : "enable force logging in primary site" -> I have not understand your comment, please guide clearly ?

In step 4 : "From your primary site shutdown db and copy the datafiles to the DR site" -> With this step, before shutdown DB and copy datafile in Primary site to DR site, How do I do with the datafile was created in DR site at step 1 ( Must I delete them in DR site ?)

In step 6 : "Create a backup controlfile" -> why create a backup controlfile while at step 1, we have a controlfile after a new instance SAP was created in DR site - I think If a new instance SAP was created in DR site, controlfile in DR site the same with Primary site (sorry if my thoughts are not true), please clearly

Thank for your guide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its based on the business needs whether to setup the DR site on distributed environment or on cental system. Your primary system can be in distributed and DR in a central system and vice versa.

For DR site preparation follow the given below steps:

1. Install SAP on DR site (including CI & DB)

2. Stop SAP

3. enable force logging in primary site

4. From your primary site shutdown db and copy the datafiles to the DR site

5. Start db in your primary site

6. Create a backup controlfile

7. Add TNS entries on primary and DR site for communication

8. Add an entry on your oracle pfile for log_archive_dest_2

9. Start the DR server in nomount state

10. mount the standby database

11. Ensure that logs are being shipped and applied.

Regards,

SBK