Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IView name not getting Internationalized

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a WDJ application which is exposed as a WDJ IView on the Portal. I have successfully internationalized the application and checked for the conversion. Based on the change in browser language, the texts are getting translated.

Now the name of IViews get converted into different name (SAP WebDynpro IView) instead of actual name. But when the browser language is English the IView names are displayed properly.

I tried setting the language for the User in User Administration. but there is no change.

Please let me know if there any other setting to be made.

The NWDS used is CE 7.1 and Portal is CE 7.1 portal

Regards,

Poojith MV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

I don't know how have you translated the names of the iView;however, you should you use Content Administration->Portal Content Translation tab for translating the texts(names) of the PCD objects(iViews,pages,Worksets,roles,folders) etc.

In Portal Content Translation, follow following steps,which are pretty simple and straight forward :

1.Go to 'Translation worklist Coordination' ->Portal Content and right click your folder and Select New->Translation Worklist

2.This will create the Translation Worklist to which you can add your PCD objects for translation.

3. Go to your folder containing your iView, right click and 'Add Object to Translation Worklist'

4.After you have added all the object you want to translate, click 'Generate Translation Data' button at the top on the Translation Worklist screen.

5.Click the 'Release for Translation' button in the scrren that appears.

6.click Close in the screen that appears.

7. Go to 'Worklist Translation' link.

8.Search for your worklist you just created using the search box.

9.Select the worklist from the result list.

10.At the bottom of the screen select the Source Language and Target languages from the dropdowns

11.clieck 'Load for Translation'

12.Choose whiever texts you want to translate and enter the 'Translated Text' in the box for the target text.

13.After you are done with all the translations, click close.

14.Save All and Close

15.You'l go back to the previous screen again. There select your translation worklist and click 'Mark as Translated'

16.Go back to the 'Translation Worklist Coordination' link and open your translation worklist from your folder.

17.Click 'Publish Translation' button.

You are done.

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am also facing a similar issue while translating the pcd object. I have checked after changing the language for my id from the user admin to German and Portuguese. iView name is still coming in English at both the places (Portal Content and with in the role). Could you please help.

I have followed all the steps mentioned by Ajay Patil.

Regards,

Nitin Goel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Use protal translation to achieve your goal.

Here are few useful links.

Link: [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/02/421740198d8f5ce10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

lINK: [http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/MultilingualPortalMenu+Creation]

Regards

Vineet

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for all the time and help you provided me in resolving this problem. Points awarded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can personalize the iview properties using PCD Generic Layer Property Editor window.For that you need have

PCD tools role which is associated with PCD inspector and PCd config iviews.

Login to portal:

Go to PCD tools->Select Portal_Content and click on Browse info->Go to Your Specific folder for your iview by click on browse info->

Select iview ->Click on prop Editor->

In PCD Generic Layer Property Editor ->In the fav list click on View tesxt->Click on edit to change the lang specific name and finally save.

Regards,

Lavanya.G