cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Table manipulation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a table with N columns (N to be determined dynamically). In each row, I have to display N different images in the corresponding N columns. The requirement could be pictorially depicted like this.

Table 
-------------------------------------------------------
Name | Span 1     | Span 2    | Span 3    | Span N    |
T1   | Image 1    | Image 2   | Image 3   | Image N   |
T2   | Image 4    | Image 5   | Image 6   | Image M   |
:
:
TN

Since N is known only at runtime, I think I have to create N attributes dynamically and bind them to the table cell editor. I would like to know if this dynamic creation of attributes could be avoided, since it is a overhead (N is customizable and can be greater than 100 as well) .

Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bala,

You are on the right way: giving your requirements to have up to 100 columns dynamic context / ui manipulations is the only valid option, and it is not that complex.

If you have, say, up to 10 columns, then it would be simpler to create all 10 attributes and 10 columns, and then manipulate columns visibility. But in your case go ahead with dynamic programming.

Valery Silaev

EPAM Systems

http://www.NetWeaverTeam.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks VS, for the suggestion. I have created it dynamically , but just wanted to know other possible solutions if any.

Bala

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

thomas_szcs
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bela,

If you happen to use Web Dynpro ABAP, go for the MultiPane. You will be able to declare everything statically at design time. Using dynamic programming won't be needed then.

Best regards,

Thomas