cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicate only required fields (Delta Changes) from MDM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to syndicate only delta changes instead of syndicating entire record from MDM??

I have about 150 fields in my record.. evvery day there will be update to the few fileds say about 20/10.. In this case I dont want to syndicate entire 150 fields but I want to syndicate only 10/20 updated fileds with few additional fields.. Is it possible?

Thanks

Rajeev

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to syndicate only delta changes instead of syndicating entire record from MDM??

Yes it is posssible, In syndication manager under ITEM PROPERTIES tab you need to chek the check box of supressed unchanged record . Any records are updated or changed in MDM those records only syndicated to different remote systems. For this process you need to automate(create ports for deta runs, for these ports you will assign maps in MDM console).

I hope it will helpful for you...

Regards,

Bhupal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your valuable inputs... I didnt explained you clearly I think..

I have 150 fields out of which I dont know when and what fields will update.. Some times only 10 some times 30 and some times 100... Is it possible to have one map in syndicator and syndicate only appropriate fields when ever there is an update?

I dont want to syndicate nodes at all if they are not updated... Only want to syndicate nodes whcih are updated... Our strucutre is based on nodes per one category.. like.. NodeA (Multiple Fields), Node B (Multiple Fields)....

Is it possible?

Thanks

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

As far as i know, it is not possible to have a real time syndication of XML for only changed fields.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

this is not possible and also this should not be designed.

Syndication is always based on an xml schema definition file which is fixed and as per the requirement for the remote system.

Since the xsd can not be changed dynamically and ofcourse the syndication map, this is not possible.

Another point- even if the syndication happens for full record whereas changes happened for say few attributes, there will be no impact on terget system side as the records will be updated only for the changed fields syndicated from MDM.

same value will not be considered as change.

best regards-Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understand you correctly, you want syndication only when some fileds are changed. For that you need to create one

new field like status where you need to store Yes OR No.It must be boolean field.Whenever any changes happens in any of fields (in your case 10 or 20 ) , make sure that change the status to Yes, otherwise it is No. To make this happen, create workflow with assignment where it should return TRUE OR FALSE depends on field changes.If it returns TRUE, status changes to Yes , otherwise No.In the freeform search of syndication map, select status is equal to Yes.It makes sure that only syndication will

happen when particular fields are changed.

Thanks,

Narendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

Yes this is quite possible. Please refer below Article on Activate Field Triggers For syndication:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/60a2b4e4-6993-2a10-0e9a-c6d720f15...

In this case I dont want to syndicate entire 150 fields but I want to syndicate only 10/20 updated fileds with few additional fields.. Is it possible?

You need to have map in Syndicator where you only need to define only these Updated + Additional fields under Destination Items Tab. So that values for these fields only gets syndicated out of MDM as you use this same map using MDM workflow during syndicate step as suggested in above Article Activate Field Triggers For syndication.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev

Please refer to the step by step guide for this requirement, nicely explained in this article

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/b0946351-ce88-2c10-24af-d1174e17be4f

Thanks-Ravi