cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Additional Fields in SD Document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

While running a returns scenario (through Document Type RA), my client wants to list the vendor-wise items returned.

For eg: If 100 Pcs are returned from his customer, in the same order he wants to be able classify (based on manual check) that 40 were from vendor A and 60 from vendor B. the list of vendors could be as much as 12-14 and keep changing.

One idea I had was to include tabs on additiona data field (at Item level) for each vendor and then put 40 against vendor A and 60 against vendor B. Through ABAP too it seems like a tedious job and also if the vendors keep changing then the same adjustment has to be made in program.

Is there any other more appropriate way to accomplish this? Please suggest.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a suggestion if the client is satisfied with text.

regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you have a fix number of vendors (thus can be maintained as the fixed field or flexible number of vendors? If fixed, then you can maintain Additional Data B screen in SAPMV45A screen 8459. You must ask ABAPer to put the function in order to read the data and write the data. Also you might want to extend the VBAP table to keep these fields.

If flexible, then it is quite difficult.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain,

My Document type RA does not have text field otherwise that may have worked.

Ayethebing,

The list of vendors is variable.

Please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I think in item level Additional data B use the Screen exit with the help of abapper and add the below fields

Vendor 1

Quantity

Vendor 2

Quanity

Vendor 3

Quantity

So in the returns sales order the user can enter the vendor number and quantity.

May be this can be achieved lets see what other experts say

regards

SAP SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAPKPIT,

This solution sounds about right. Let's see if anyone else has achieved it in another way.

Thanks