Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sender Mail adapter configuration with attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I read the below blog regarding the mail adapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/18/xi-sender-mail-adapter--payloadswapbean--step-by-step

I have the same requirement but the attachment file is not an XML, it is CSV file so in the module tab if I change like below is it enough?

TRANSFORM swap.keyValue attachment; filename=u201DMailAttachment-1.csvu201D (I think MailAttachment-1 is the file name, am I correct?)

If I change like above is it ok? or any other thing is required, Could you please give me the inputs

Thanks

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have the same requirement but the attachment file is not an XML, it is CSV file so in the module tab if I change like below is 
it enough?

PayloadSwapBean will ensure that the input to the mapping is from the attachment.....in the blog the attachment is in XML format and hence there was no need for any conversion.....yours is however a CSV file so you need to convert it to XML first and then do the further processing.....you can either use the MessageTransformationBean as shown in this blog:

/people/gabrielsagayaselvam.panneerselvam/blog/2009/08/31/solve-key-field-problem-using-structplain2xml-in-messagetransformationbean

Or write your own module code for the conversion.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

When you want to send Non XML formats,then you have to convert this one to XML.

we can do this using JAVA mapping or modules,but i never tried this.it is my understanding.

Regards,

Raj

0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am getting zip file along with mail, I want to download this attachment on my PI server. How to handle this?

I will appreciate your positive answer.

Many thanks

R D

Edited by: R D