cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding USer to Identity store with Manager privilage

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While adding users to the Identity Store, for the first time, we need to add user with "MANAGER" privilage.

However, in my case, i'm not getting an option to chosse "MANAGER" privilage.

Kinldy let me know how to get "MANAGER" privilage? Do i have to make any changes to attributes or Entry type in the identity store schema?

Please help me out.

Thanks and Regards,

Radha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

The other option is to create temporary self-service task for privilege assignment.

You can follow the instruction from the "Installing and Configuring the IdM UI" document in "Access to 'To do', 'Manage', and 'History' tabs". Below is a section of the paragraph:

You can do this by creating a self service task for privilege assignment. This can be done in the

following way:

1. In the Identity Center, select the identity store and choose New/Folderu2026 from the context menu to create a new folder. Rename the folder to "IdM UI".

2. Select the folder and choose New/Unordered task group from the context menu. Rename the task to "Assign privilege".

3. Select the "Attributes" tab:

Entry type - Select "MX_PERSON" entry type. Choose "u2026" to open a dialog box from which you select the entry type.

4. Choose "Apply".

5. Select the "Access control" tab.

6. Choose "Addu2026" and fill in the following:

Allow access for: Select "Logged-in user or identity store entry".

ID store: Select the correct identity store. In this example "Enterprise People" is used.

On behalf of: There are two ways of creating a self service task. You either select "User or identity store entity" or "Relation - Self". Both ways are legitimate.

7. Choose "OK".

8. Choose "Apply".

Now the self service task is created and is visible in the "Self Services" tab of the User

Interface.

0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

I followed the steps that you have mentioned above. Later i performed the following steps

Created user in the identity store that matches with User in Java System.

Created roles in Java and assgined it to the user.

However, when i try to login to IDM application, the page itself will not come up and it throws an error saying contact your administrator.

I think there is some problem with roles associated with the user as it does not have MANGER privilege when it was created.

Kindly provide me some suggestions to get "Add Manager Privilege" check box while adding a user to the Idntity store.

Thanks and Regards,

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should work as Dominik told you. This is the best & safest approach for a new IdM Installation (of course the userids in UME and ID-Store must be the same). You additionally have to assign the IdM-UME-Role (IDM actions) to the UME-user.

You should at least be able to login to IdM without tabs. If so, the mentioned privileges are missing. If not, there's some basic error in your configuration / installation.

Take a closer look at the error message. Maybe it says something like "requested resource not available" --> have you mistyped the URL?

Did you deploy the matching IdM-UI-SP-version?

Are the IdM applications started in VisualAdmin?

Did you create the DB-connection and used the correct credentials / IDStore-number in VisualAdmin?

Take a look at the Log-File, it should provide you with a more detailed error message than "contact your admin" --> post it here.

BR

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Radha,

I would do what Michael suggested since you cannot even bring up the IdM UI.

Check to ensure that you deploy the correct IdM UI SCA file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

try to assign the user idm default roles supplied by SAP and see if you still get a blank screen.

0 Kudos

Hi Nguyen,

There was some java error due which the installation of Idm was not proper. Hence i reinstalled the Identity center and now it is working fine.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Regards,

Radha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Radha,

in the Identity Center navigate as follows:

Identity Center Configuration -> Identity Store -> General Tab -> Add user...

There you can enter add a user which shall have the manager privileges (check that option). This user is stored in the Identity Store. The username in portal and that Identity Store have to be the same. I always use the same password, too. So I have to remember just one at the same time for this user.

Best regards

Dominik