cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTS+ for EP import file missing

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just configured CTS+ for my Portal environment. I have a problem with the import and export filesystem and with the PCD structures naming process.

Firstly - the export/import filesystem

I set the TMS "DEPLOY_DATA_SHARE" parameter to /usr/sap/trans/portal_export_import (historical reasons) in all three systems. The export process wrote the epa archive to that directory but the import process assumed that the file would be in a subdirectory named with the transport request number (/usr/sap/trans/portal_export_import/DEVK900001/xxxxxx.epa).

If I remove the "DEPLOY_DATA_SHARE" paramter from all systems' configuration settings, the export goes to /usr/sap/trans/data/DEVK900001 but the import tries to find it in /DEVK900001 (in the root filesystem).

If I leave the DEV system's setting blank and set TST and PRD to "DEPLOY_DATA_SHARE=/usr/sap/trans/data", the export goes to /usr/sap/trans/data/DEVK900001 and the import looks there.

This inconsistency means I cannot continue with the historical naming convention but I can work.

+Does anyone know how I can use my portal_export_import directory instead of the almost-default data directory?+

Secondly - the PCD structure naming process

In DEV I have a folder called au.mycompany.test which has a PCD ID of Z_SEC_TEST. That folder does not exist in TST yet. When I import a transport containing an object from that folder, a new folder is created in TST but it is not called au.mycompany.test, it's called Z_SEC_TEST. If I precreate the folder with the right name, the objects are imported correctly into it and the folder's name is, correctly, left unchanged.

Does anyone know how I can direct the import process to use object NAMES instead of object IDs?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murray,

1. We're actually experiencing the same problem and we found out that the TRANSDIR parameter will be overridden with the value of DIR_TRANS parameter of the instance profile for all tp calls from SAP system. In other words, you must change the DIR_TRANS parameter of your instance profile to /usr/sap/trans/portal_export_import as well as TRANSDIR parameter in STSM.

Note that this directory must be shared among your domain controller and EP systems. DEPLOY_DATA_SHARE parameter value will be defaulted to <DIR_TRANS>/data - Hence, in your case, it would be /usr/sap/trans/portal_export_import/data.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/1e/080c6901b011d284870000e8a57770/frameset.htm

Also note that you can only have ONE common transport directory for a transport environment. We'd been looking for ways to have different transport directories within the same domain (to be used for different transport routes) but CTS+ doesn't allow us do that.

2. Again, we have also had the same problem. I'm not sure if it's a bug or it's supposed to work that way (it behaves the same way whether we transported using file system or CTS+). What I would do is I'd create the directories (top level) manually in the target system before transporting objects.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dao

I think your experience confirms that my system is "working as designed". Unfortunately for me, that is not the same as "working as expected or desired". Nevertheless, I can achieve the primary objective of migrating Portal objects between dev, test and prod using CTS+ and even have it all overseen by Rev-Trac.

All I need to do now is work out what userid/password combination works on the production system.

I keep getting errors in the Deployment Log telling me to look at SAP note 701654. When I change the password in the TMS configuration I get a logon error but when I choose what I believe to be the correct password, I get a message saying I need to update the password in the configtool (see SAP note 701654). Been there, done that, problem persists!

I'm confused!

Murray

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murray,

Which user/pwd did you use for the deployment? I believe tt should be the SDM user/pwd. In fact, if you change the admin pwd of the J2EE engine then you do need to change the pwd in configtool (as per SAP Note 701654).

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm going to take this off to another thread - terms of engagement and all that - given that this line of discussion is not related to the original title.

That said, I've just launched JSPM and logged on with a password provided in response to that application's request to "Enter password for the SDM user". That's the password I have used in my CTS configuration in STMS in client 000 of my domain controller. If I change this password in STMS, I get an invalid password error in my deployment log. When I put it back, I get the reference to the SAP Note above.

On the other hand, when I launch the Visual Administrator and log on with the "admin" userid provided by my outsourcer who installed the instance, I need to use a different password and, as I read the SAP Note, it's that password I need to store in the configtool. It doesn't actually matter which password I store in the config tool - neither works.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems to be a "design limitation".

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murray,

Regarding #2, I found out that, when you have a new folder, after creating a new transport package, you'll have to right click on the folder and select "Add all objects to transport package" (then you can remove the unwanted objects in the folder from the package content before exporting). That way, the new folder ID will be properly created in the target system. It's not too bad, after all

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dao. That's very useful to know.

Cheers,

Murray