cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CTC retval is not 0 but 255 or 126

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to install Netweaver 7.0 on Suse 10. During installation, I received erro "CTC retval is not 0 but 255". After search for this error and changed several JDK(in sun homepage, there is no 1.4.2 64bit for linux, I tried several 1.5 version from sun and 1.4.2 IBM version but still not work ) , the error still keep existing. Then I followed note 1094628 to change a jar file and now the error is "CTC retval is not 0 but 126". Even I change the file to the old version the error code still not change back to 255.

******************************************************************************************************

Summary

Symptom

Error in step callOfflineCTC from SAPInst 7.00 SR3

Other terms

LaunchOfflinectc.bat" finished with return code 1

Reason and Prerequisites

Properties files:

templateconfigurator.properties (It is located under : \usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGSXX\j2ee folder - for double stack or \usr\sap\SID\JC00\j2ee folder - for only java)

and

usagetypes.properties (It is located under \usr\sap\SID\config folder)

that have "$" character in values breaks the istallation process in step Launch Offline CTC tool. This character often appears in password values which are encrypted, so the $ characters are not visible in properties files.

Solution

The attached file sap.comtclmctcoffline_ctc_lib~Library.jar

have to be copied to

\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGSXX\j2ee\ctc\lib folder -- for double stack

or

\usr\sap\SID\JCXX\j2ee\ctc\lib folder -- for only java installation

(You can rename the existing file to sap.comtclmctcoffline_ctc_lib~Library.jar_old)

After replacement of attached jar file please retry the interrupted step in SAPInst:

******************************************************************************************************

The error:

FCO-00011 The step callOfflineCTC with step key |NW_Onehost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|SAP_Software_Features_Configuration|ind|ind|ind|ind|6|0|NW_Call_Offline_CTC|ind|ind|ind|ind|7|0|callOfflineCTC was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step :Caught ESAPinstException in Modulecall: in

function NW_Call_Offline_CTC_ind_ind_ind_ind_SubComponentContainer_callOfflineCTC() {

var nw = NWInstall.getSystem(context.get("sid"));

var ctcDirFs = nw.getCI().getInstanceDir().concat("j2ee", "ctc");

var ctcExeFile = installer.onWindows() ? "LaunchOfflinectc.bat" : "LaunchOfflinectc.sh";

var ctcCall = ctcDirFs.concat(ctcExeFile);

installer.writeTrace("CTC is in" + ctcCall);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, ctcCall.isExisting(), "CTC executable cannot be found in " + ctcCall.toString());

var pmgt = new ProcessMgt();

var app = pmgt.createChildApplication(ctcCall, []);

var userData = nw.getUsers().getAccountData(NWUsers.roles.SIDAdm);

var user = (new AccountMgt()).getUser(userData.name);

var env = pmgt.getProcessEnvironment();

if (installer.onUnix()) {

env.setUser(user);

}

env.setWorkingDirectory(ctcDirFs.getNode());

env.setEnvironmentVariable(new Property("JAVA_HOME", nw.getJavaHome().toString()));

installer.writeTrace("For the Offline CTC Call, JAVA_HOME is set to " + env.getEnvironmentVariable("JAVA_HOME"));

app.setEnvironment(env);

var retval = app.run([], true);

ASSERT(arguments.callee, retval == 0, "CTC retval is not 0 but " + retval);

installer.writeTrace("CTC has been called in Offline Mode.");

}

CTC retval is not 0 but 126.).

1.I need to know what dose this return value 126 mean, still JDK verion collision or it comes from my action to change the JAR file ?

2.In return value 255 situation, if I point the JAVA_HOME to a new one, should I just click the 'Retry' or I need to proceed the installation from the begining ?

3. Is there any version of JDK can be valid for Suse 10 to install Netweaver 7.0, many thanks if someone can provide some useful link.

Really appreciate if anyone can help me move on.

thanks

Nathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

jdk 1.5 is not supported for NW 7.0, you will have to have 1.4 version of jdk. I am not sure of the location from you which you can download the file, as you say its not available in SUN page.

I will update if I am able to figure that out.

Regards,

Thripthy