Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capture inbound SOAP message

JasonLante
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to capture an inbound XML message in its original form once it has been transformed into the appropriate structure. I have attempted debugging for quite some time to find the XML source in previous programs in the ABAP Stack, but no results as yet to access that object attribute from my function module.

Has anyone else has this problem? Essentially I want to create a log for inbound messages but am unable to capture the message because it has already populated the correct structure.

After writing this, I've had an idea. I will look into the possibility of calling the transformation to rebuild the XML based on the data structures.

Any other ideas will be appreciated.

Jason

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JasonLante
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I ended up resolving this issue by rebuilding the XML based on the structure passed into my function module. This means I do not have all of the XML as it was passed, only the tags were expected in the message (this is due to the fact that unknown tags are just ignored during the translation-- it is case sensitive too!).

The hard part was debugging the SAP code to find the name of the de-serialise transformation. Then once I found it, there was a call to another transformation; this is what I had to use. Unfortunately I was unable to find a way to determine the name of this form dynamically.

If someone else has found a way, I am interested to know.

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion you wont be able to find original structure as it was already transformed to ABAP structure but there is work around possible if you route all message via PI then you have complete trace with original message as well.

Another possibility is to use common http listener tools available, they will listen to specific port and record messages.

If I'll find something then I'll post here.

Regards,

Gourav

avishek_gorai2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jason,

We had a similar requirement but could not find the tables in ABAP where the XML's are stored. We are now relying on the trace of SOAMANAGER to log necessary incoming and outgoing Web Service payloads. Though this is not a correct way and should be used only for debugging.

Please update the thread if you find another way or find the table.

Regards,

Avishek.