SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GM Create or Display document - Syntax Error

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We created a custom program to upload budget using BAPI_0036_CREATE. When we execute the program it gives us a short dump (Syntax error in program "CL_FMKU_ENTRYDOC_HANDLER======CP - "Field "I_POST_W" is unknown). I debugged and found out that it dumps at the point where it creates FM object ( to be more precise it dumps when it creates a FM entry document handler - create object g_fm_entrydoc_handler_ref exporting i_fm_area = g_s_fm_objects-fm_area ).

We tried to display FM document (Trasaction FMEDD) it dumps again with the same error (Syntax error in program "CL_FMKU_ENTRYDOC_HANDLER======CP " "Field "I_POST_W" is unknown)

Are we missing any configuration settings?

Thanks in advance

Prakash

6 REPLIES 6

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

It seems that the manual activities from this note are missing:

1290565 FMBB: gap in document numbers range after note 1288019

Please take a look at the solution part and make sure that all changes are implemented and active

Hope this will help you

Cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Thanks for replying.

We are in release EA-PS - 200 (level 0017 - SAPKGPPB17) and these correction instructions are already delivered in the support package.

whenever we try to execute the transaction FMBB it short dumps with the same error(Syntax error in program "SAPLFMBWB ". The following syntax error occurred in the program SAPLFMBWB."Formal parameter "I_POST_W" does not exist." Error in ABAP application program.)

I was going through the class CL_FMKU_ENTRYDOC_HANDLER and found that I_POST_W do exist in the class.

Just to test I did a check in the class and to my surprise it came with the errors.

class CL_FMKU_ENTRYDOC_HANDLER, method PREPOSTED_POST

Field "I_POST_W" is unknown. It is neither in one of the specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement

class CL_FMKU_ENTRYDOC_HANDLER, method DOC_CHECK_POST

Field "I_POST_W" is unknown. It is neither in one of the specified tables nor defined by a "DATA" statement

I am sure that I_POST_W is an import parameter for both the methods in the class.

Any idea whats going wrong?

Thanks in advance

Prakash

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Prakash

It's pretty weird ..

Besides of how the parameter should look like in both methods (PREPOSTED_POST and DOC_CHECK_POST)

In both methods, you should see this:

Param. type Optional Typ.Meth. Assoc.Type Def.Value Text

I_POST_W Import X Type XFELD ' ' Post if warnings in BWB

I can only think about inactive objects...

if error persist, please open a css message so that sap can login and check this class. We will share the results here afterwards.

Cheers

Mar

0 Kudos

Hi Mar,

Solved.

We are testing the transaction in Sandbox and I did the following change in method PREPOSTED_POST and it got fixed

*{ REPLACE 1

*\ IF I_POST_W IS INITIAL.

IF I_POST_W IS INITIAL.

*} REPLACE

Its little weird though. Commenting out the line and adding the same line works.

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks

Prakash

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes it is soo strange.

and,what happens if you undo the change now and regenerate the class..do you still have problems?

0 Kudos

Nope. It works fine.

Sandbox was recent copy of production and no configuration changes were made in Sandbox.

Finally my issue got solved ,but it took lot of time (Stuck in debugger in a for a while )