cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Development Component not visible in dev config, but visible in DTR,CBS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have recently migrated our production track from netweaver 2004 to 2004s. In the Dev Config perspective I am unable to see a DC, but I am able to see the same from the DTR perspective. I am also able to see this DC in CBS.

I am unable to create a project or work on this DC because of this problem.

Has anyone else faced the same problem ? What can be done to make the DC visible in the Dev Config ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Warm regards,

Rashmi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

Thanks again for your reply.

Here are the findings :

1)The DC is not available in both the active and inactive tabs in the Dev config perspetive.

2) I have only NWDS 7.0 on my machine, but Admin has the older version 6.4 and it was not visible on their machine.

3) I tried Re-Synching the archives, but still no luck, the DC is still invisible.

4)The DC was last modified during the creation of the new track, the activities making changes to the DC before that are mostly UI changes, no deletes etc.. which could cause the DC to not be visible.

5) It is a WD DC.

6) The DC exists in Cons/Dev (both active/inactive) DTR workspaces as well as CBS build spaces (on both versions of the track)

7)There are no pending activities for this DC in the old track.

8)There were couple of broken DCs on the new track but this is mainly because of compile time errors due to use of deprecated methods.

While checking for all these items I noticed that the .dcref file for the DC is missing in the DTR for both active and inactive, could this mean anything ? Is this the reason for the DC not being visible in the Dev Config perspective ?

Is there any way to recover the DC ?

Warm regards,

Rashmi

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

The missing .dcref is definitely the culprit

I found just the right thread for you. If you have a maintenance track, you can follow Pascal's suggestion; otherwise, Rajit's method did the trick for him

Hope it fixes your problem.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

Thanks again for your reply, I was able to solve the problem with the missing DC. After adding the .dcref file I am able to see it on the track and also create a project.

Warm regards,

Rashmi

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Glad to hear that you were able to solve the issue.

Cheers,

Dao

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Have imported the track in your Development Configuration Perspective.

Once you import the track, then you will be able to see DC's under track.

Refer to http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/c3/e3a43f4aa1330ee10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have imported the track and I am able to see all the other DCs and also create projects for all the other DCs. Only one particular DC is missing on the track after importing the configuration.But I am able to see it in the DTR and also NWDI -CBS.

Is there any setting that I should check to make the DC visible ?

Warm regards,

Rashmi

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Please try to "Re-Sync DC" from right click on Track in Development configuration prspective might help.

Hope it will helps

Regards

Arun

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

Does it happen on another NWDS as well?

If Arun's "Re-sync Archives" is not enough, you might want to try this:

- Remove the Development Configurations completely (use the same link Arun sent, follow the link "Remove all development configurations")

- Exit your NWDS.

- If there were some errors during the removal of the Dev Conf then delete your local .dtc folder manually.

- Go back to your NWDS and re-import the Dev Conf again.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I tried Re-Sync -ing, but it still doesn't show up on the track. Is there anything else I can try ?

Thanks again for your reply.

Hi Dao,

Thank you for your reply.I checked the track on NWDS 04 as well, and the DC is not visible there as well. I tried removing the configuration multiple times and re-imorting it, but still no luck. I deleted the .dtc folder on my local machine and tried as well.

Do you have any other suggestions that might help ?

Warm regards,

Rashmi

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rashmi,

In the Dev Conf perspective, you cannot see the DC in both active/inactive tabs?

Do you have both of your NWDS on the same machine? Can you check the old track with an NWDS on another machine? Did you try to "Re-Sync Archives" on the old NWDS? If it has the same problem then that clearly indicates something happened to the DC even before the migration.

When was the last time that DC modified/used? What kind of DC is this (e.g. java, wd, ...)? Could it be that the DC was deleted on a local NWDS and, somehow, was not deleted in the original DTR/CBS (e.g. activity was not checked in)? Did you make sure that all activities were checked in/activated/released for transport and that all transports/builds were finished successfully in the original track before the migration? You might need to find/fix the problem in the old version and migrate the DC again.

Can you check (in NWDI) to make sure that the DC exists in Cons/Dev (both active/inactive) DTR workspaces as well as CBS build spaces (on both versions of the track)? Is there any pending activities in CBS (especially in the original track)? Do you notice anything in the CBS (e.g. compare no. of DCs between the original/new tracks, broken/dirty DCs, failed requests, etc.)?

Regards,

Dao