cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the User Password Hostname for SQLPLUS oracle 9.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would need some help regarding the initial username & password for Oracle 9.x installation (IDES).

On older versions of Oracle the user & password were something like scott & tiger but on this version I tried everything including system, sys etc with password manager , blank password etc. Also I have doubts regarding the need to fill the HOST string box (is this the system name, instance name or what is it?)

Thank you very much!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

LeeFung
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dan: was your issue resolved ? I am having the same issue with a bought IDES ECC hard drive. The seller has refused to respond.

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey there!

The reason why you cannot logon to the database is simple: you don't have the right logon data.

And why don't you have it? Because, quite likely, you *shouldn't have it!

So either you ask the DBA or the owner of the database to grant you access to the database.

regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

You missed the point: I am speaking about an IDES system. I am the administrator and the db manager etc etc. What I need to know is what or where are the default user name , password and host name mentioned (either OSS note or how to file) because I need to make some adjustments right after the installation of ides has finished.

thanks!

Edited by: Dan on Jul 12, 2010 10:16 PM

Edited by: Dan on Jul 12, 2010 10:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are the administrator than you should log in as sysdba and change the password of sys and system. Accordingly you will have to update any script or any process which might be using this username and old password.

sqlplus "/as sysdba"

Hope this is what you are looking for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so the username is sysdba, and what is the password because I cannot remember to have set-up any password for sysdba while installing the oracle database instance or SAP IDES.

To clarify the issue:

- I have installed IDES ERP 2004

- I can login to SAP client 000 with SAP* and DDIC

- I can login to client 800 with IDADMIN and password ides.

What I cannot do is login to SQLPLUS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are two system users:

sys and system

usually they get the master password from the installation.

In the older days you got:

sys / changeoninstall

system / manager