cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Connect to 2 Tracks which are in 2 different NWDI Servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to connect to 2 tracks which are in 2 different NWDI Servers using the same NWDS instance.

Track 1 is based on NW 7.0 SP21 and another one is based on SAP NW 7.0 Ehp1 version which are in different NWDI servers.

The problem i am facing is that using the same NWDS, I am unable to connect to the second NWDI server when i already imported the track from the first one.

I have done the following.

Imported the Track for NW 7.0 SP21

I have entered the DTR URL, under Development Configuration pool and then created a DTR Client and imported the track as required into NWDS.

When i want to import the track for Ehp1, i have changed the SLD URL to point to the Ehp1 SLD under Dev. Configuration pool.

I have created a client with the Ehp1 DTR URL, and when i try to import the development configurations and click on Remote,

I am always authenticated against the Build Server of the existing Configuration (ie) NW 7.0 SP21 and i am unable to import the track from the new NWDI Server.

When i completely removed all configurations and try a fresh Connection to Ehp1 first i am able to connect to the track and import.

From there when i try to import NW 7.0 SP21 by changing the Development Configuration Pool URL and by creating a new Client, I used to authenticated against Ehp1 build server instead of SP21 build server. So i am unable to import and work with 2 tracks which are different NWDI servers in a single instance of NWDS.

Please let me know how i can go ahead to get the tracks which are in different NWDI servers to be available in a single NWDS instance. Is it possible by the way?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

First of all, your NWDS version should match that of your runtime system or you'll run into a lot of troubles. Therefore, I'd suggest that you install another instance of NWDS (1 should be NW 7.0 EhP1 SPx and 1 should be NW 7.0 SP21). Then you can configure each instance to connect to its corresponding SLD/NWDI.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

You are correct and the issue can be solved by 2 versions of NWDS as required, and i have NWDS SP21 already installed my machine. When i run the set up for NWDS 7.0 Ehp1 version, I am getting the options like,

1. Update the Component to the Latest Version

2. Uninstall all the components

I am unable to have the 2 NWDS 7.0 versions installed in my machine. Is there any workaround for this so that i can install NWDS 7.0 SP21 and NWDS for Ehp1?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

I have seen couple of blogs and a thread on installing multiple versions of nwds on the same machine.

I am not sure if it works with earlier versions of NWDS, but it looks like it does not work with the NW 7.0 versions.

Let me try this and update the thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Sekar

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sekar,

My suggested work around (my personal preference) would be to install the NWDS versions on separate machines to avoid all the troubles and confusion with the default .DTR/.DTC/.metadata folders as mentioned by Pascal in this thread

IMHO, a different machine also allows you to experiment more freely with another version of browser/client platforms (e.g. IE8/Windows 7/etc.).

In our case, we installed the newer version on developers' machines (oftenly used going forward) and install the older version on another shared machine (used for maintenance only until the cutoff).

Maybe other gurus (who often have to work on several different versions for different customers) can provide us with some tips here.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Edited by: Dao Ha on Jul 13, 2010 3:20 PM