cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inactive DCs are not shown in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a problem for showning Inactive DCs in NWDS: sometime they were shown perfectly but sometime they disappeared. Any advices / suggestions on how to recover it when they disappear,

Thanks, Jin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

Can you provide some more information about your situation (e.g. NWDS/NWDI versions)? You mentioned the problem is intermittent, is there anything (difference) you can tell when it happened (e.g. does it happen on different PCs at the same time or only on certain PCs)? When it happened, did you have to do anything to get those DCs back or they just came back by themselves (after a re-start or something)? etc.

The more information you can provide, the better chance someone might be able to help.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dao,

Thanks for your reply / help. Lasttime they came back by themselves, this time no magic no luck, so I just re-imported them... maybe it's my PC's problem ......

Thanks, Jin

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

If the problem only occurs on your PC (i.e. DTR is OK, other NWDS stations are OK, ...) then it might have something to do with your local NWDS (or your connections to the SLD/DTR). When it happened, did you try to "Re-Sync Archives" (in the Development Configuration perspective, right-click on the affected SC)? If the problem keeps coming back, you may want to check your connections and/or re-install your NWDS to see if that helps. Did you notice any specific pattern when it happened?

We do remove/re-import our Dev. Conf. once in a while (of course, when all activities are checked in, activated and released for transport) just to keep the local NWDS clean.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dso again.

Good news is I just re-imported one track and all others / 4 other tracks are all come back, but I still don't know the root casue.

Thanks, Jin

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

You have 4 different tracks imported into your NWDS at the same time? Do you need all of them (in your NWDS) at the same time? Like I said, if the problem keeps coming back, you might want to re-install your NWDS to see if it helps.

Regards,

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Dao for your help.

Jin

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I'm glad that I was able to help.

Cheers,