cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA ALV Hierarchy - Highlighting the Hierarchy row.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All

I have an WDA ALV table displayed in a hierarchial format .

This is done using the following piece of code

l_value->IF_SALV_WD_TABLE_SETTINGS~SET_DISPLAY_TYPE( IF_SALV_WD_C_TABLE_SETTINGS=>DISPLAY_TYPE_HIERARCHY ).

lr_column->IF_SALV_WD_COLUMN_HIERARCHY~SET_HIERARCHY_COLUMN( abap_true ).

LR_TAB_SETTINGS ?= WD_THIS->GR_TABLE.

LR_TAB_SETTINGS->SET_EXPANDED( ABAP_TRUE ).

I want to highlight the hierarchy row using a different color.

Is this possible in WDA ALV.

I know that this can be done in the regular ABAP ALV , few standard programs have this implemented.

Do we have something similar in WDA.

Also is it possible to have the column header text for a specific column to be made Bold.

Regards

Vikas

Edited by: vikas1311 on Jul 12, 2010 5:58 PM

Edited by: vikas1311 on Jul 12, 2010 6:00 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

The Web Dynpro ALV component does not support the coloring of hierarchy or total rows. These rows are colored using predefined semantically colors that cannot be changed by applications. The only way to change these colors is to override them by means of the Theme Editor.

Best Regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find  a solution to your problem? I'm facing the same problem and I didn't find any solution.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that almost everything is possible in WDA...here is a link to change colors in column but if you follow the details and modify to your requirement you can change to do it to a row instead of a column

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0625002-596c-2b10-46af-91cb31b71...

for the bold it should be possible too but I need to do more research.

hope this help to guide you a little bit!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response jason

I have seen the article earlier but its not exactly what I am looking for.

when we use an ALV Hierarchy with only 1 column marked for hierarchal display we get a header and then items.

Like a node and leaves.

I want to have the row corresponding to the node (Hierarchial row) to be highlighted in a different color.

This row is not available in the table at design time .

Is there some way I can mail you some attachments to explain it better.

Regards

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use my user profile email so I can also do my research and if I find a solution I will post it here.

I love challenging questions

thanks!

Jason PV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jason

Will have the details mailed to you tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the support .

Regards

Vikas

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could also use a free image hosting site and make the links to the URLs available here in the forum so we could all try to help?

Sounds like you want to change the cell design property of the column (if you bind this to an attribute of the node element for every column of the table it should change the entire row highlighting.)

Create an attribute in your context which is of type WDUI_TABLE_CELL_DESIGN, bind this attribute to the column attribute cellDesign. Use the constants in CL_WD_TABLE_SNGL_MARK_CELL=>E_CELL_DESIGN to set the design.

eg: CL_WD_TABLE_SNGL_MARK_CELL=>E_CELL_DESIGN-CRITICALVALUE_MEDIUM for a nice orangey background.

Good luck,

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just realised... this is WDA ALV... that you wanted to do this with - oops! So my previous post probably not very helpful!

Well good luck anyway!