cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receving Calendar in SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus

Our problem seems to be that the Location Heuristic in SNP does not cover demand.

The scenario is that we are using SNP (using the standard planning book 9ASNP94) to plan stock transfers to a DC in daily buckets. The DC cannot receive inbound shipments on Friday, but still ships to customers that day. Therefore, we still have requirements on Friday.

We have updated the Receiving calendar against the Location so that no stock transfers are generated for receipt on Friday. However, although this is working, instead of planning requistions for delivery on Thursday to meet Friday's demand, SNP plans the requistions for the following Monday resulting in stock shortages. I do not understand why SNP is not covering the demand on time in this scenario. We have no problems when the Receiving calendar matches the Shipping calendar.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

digambar_narkhede
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Can you please have a quick check on the Period factor for this location product combination/s if it is a end of bucket..in case it might be shifting to next working day-monday if maintained as end of bucket.

Regards,

Digambar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I have checked the Period factor and it makes no difference at 0 or 1. Oddly, if I simply type a requistion quantity into Friday directly in the Planning Book, it moved it to Thursday, but the heuristic moveds it to Monday, resulting in a shortage.

Regards

Elamobel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the transaportation calendar in Transportation Lanes ?

Please also check in what time zones you are planning.

Sometimes 1 hr on Saturday will move the order to Monday if Saturday is not a working day.

Please check different dates in the purchase requisitions delivered on next Mondays and analyze which activtiy is taking more time to shift the delivery to next week.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, did you ever figure this out? and fix it?

Thanks;

Cruzo406