cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Communication users in CUP (II)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Following the previous post I would like to post a further question:

When requesting provisioning for a user in a target SAP System and having LDAP set as user data source, user ID is search by using the "magnifying glass".

Question 1) What if we are creating a user ID for a communication user that does not exist in LDAP?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

Imanol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can make the UserID field editable and just overwrite the data.

Frank.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

You never loose

Clear first option. What about the second one? What do you mean by sending the request through the web service? Could you provide me more details about that?

Many thanks in advance. Regards,

Imanol

By the way, sorry for beaten Germany in Semifinals Spain is crazy these days.after winning the first football world cup.

martin_trachsel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Imanol,

But you can create a request directly in the cup under register "My Work - Create request". All these fields are open and you can fill it the user ID of the communication user manually. This function should only be execute by a supporter or system admin. The personalization of the fields for the enduser screen, is not belong to this function in the cup.

Cheers,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

I am sorry for being a bit annoying but such field will be not editable to avoid fake requests

Therefore, I would say that creation for non dialog (communication) users is not allowed if ID username is a not editable field.

Thanks for all. Best regards,

Imanol

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Well, it seems you already knew the answer....

Some other options:

- do create the technical users in AD, so that AD has kind of a master user list for all systems

- send in the request for creation of technical users through the web service interface.

Frank.