cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to test a webservice scenario...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In SAP PI, I need to test a scenario that involves webservice. I can see in Integration directory

that a communication channel has been defined as sender with adapter type as File. So I assume that a file is being picked up

from the FTP server.

Also There is another comm channel of type receiver, adapter type as SOAP with a target URL.

Now I dont know how to test this ? Any pointers how to check

from where this request to webservice is initiated ? I have not worked

on web service scenario before, so need help to understand to test the end to end.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Your's is a file to SOAP scenario, to test this follow this steps:

Now I dont know how to test this ? Any pointers how to check
from where this request to webservice is initiated ?

1. Do you have test data? any file that is archived in sender FTP under archive directory.If not then go to your

mapping progrram->test tab-> fill test data (all mandatory fields)->switch to xml tab- Copy the whole content

->save it in a text pad->see the file name maitained in the sender file adapter->rename the file and place in

the location mentioned in the sender FTP.

2. Check in RWB if the channels is active and you can see the file being picked in the log ,you can see SXMB MONI

also if there is checkerd flag.

3. To see if the soap posing has happened or not you can see the soap channel monitoring in RWB and read the log

or you can confirm the posting with the team which received the data( portal /Webservice).

Regards,

$rinivas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if your issue is resolved, please close the thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SDNUser1,

Search the SDN ... you will find tons of documents which talks about SOAP scenarios.

-- Abhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

try dropping a file in the file location and then follow the process through SXMB_MONI/ RWB to see that the file gets posted to the webservice.

you can mock the file up using the Message Mapping in ESR.