cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during jspm/sdm deployment - wrong sdm root path

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we wanted to update our Netweaver700 System to Support Package Stack 21. The ABAP Part went fine, but during the Java deployment with SDM or JSPM we always get follwing error.

ComponentLocationManagerImpl.getRelativePath(): Canonical Component
Path"/usr/sap/<sid>/DVEBMGSnn/SDM/root/origin_sc/sap.com/BASETABLES/SAP
AG/0/1000.7.00.21.0.20091214120440" does not start with SDM root path
"/<IASP>/usr/sap/<sid>/DVEBMGSnn/SDM/root/"

Only the JSPM Java package deployment was successfully. With all other packages we get this error in JSPM Gui or when we try to load packages to SDM Queue we find this message in the sdm logfile.

In our development system this error doesn't happened. We suppose that the problem could something to do with our IASP.

We run this SAP System on an IASP.

We also patched the SDM and JSPM to Version 21.

And we changed the SDM root path to "/usr/sap/<sid>/...." in the file "sdm_jstartup.properties". Before the SDM root path in this file was "<IASP>/usr/sap/<sid/...".

Before all these (ABAP Patching, trying to patch java) we applied kernel 258 to this system.

Any suggestions?

Best Regards

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I think I should update this thread.

At the moment the IBM support thinks that this problem is caused by the J9 JVM.

We have an open PMR at IBM. I'll give feedback if the problem is solved.

I mark this question as solved.

Regards

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recommendation of IBM:

Adding "-Dsun.io.useCanonCaches=false" to the section "sdm.JavaParameters" in the file "/usr/sap/<SID>/<instance>/SDM/program/config/sdm_jstartup.properties" should solve the problem.

Update: Deploying the JAVA-Packages with the parameter above worked fine.

Edited by: Schlosser Tobias on Aug 1, 2010 12:34 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the error I described above is known at the SAP Developer Team. There is no solution at the moment.

They confirmed that this is an os/400 error especially when you use IASP.

But there is a workaround. You have to simulate that your IASP is a System ASP.

When I have more details about this, I let you know.

0 Kudos

Hello Tobias,

indeed, this issue is known but it does not always appear. The problem is still under investigation and deals with the lack of the Java environment to determine symbolic links in the file system correctly. The only possible workaround so far is to modify the SDM property file after the error happend for the first time. This is most probably the reason why it does not happen permanently. The error happens only if the property file has been changed by the deployment process. The property file path is:

usr/sap/SID/INSTANCENAME/SDM/program/config/sdmrepository.sdc

where SID is your SAP system ID and INSTANCENAME the central instance name of the system (such as DVEBMGS01 or JC21). In this file, there is a line like

sdm.rootPath=/usr/sap/SID/INSTANCENAME/SDM/program

The given path needs to be adopted accordingly to fit the requested one (shown in the error message). Two solutions might be right and require to add or to remove the leading IASP path prefix. The path itself is given several times but as far as I know just the sdm.rootPath parameter needs to be adopted.

If this issue happens during an Upgrade or EHPI to release 701 or higher, the running Java processes usually stay active in the background while the error message is shown in the SDT GUI. I recommend to terminate the Java part of the Upgrade or EHPI by choosing the "Exit program" option in the error dialog. There is no need to stop the whole SDT server processes or the GUI. Afterwards just press the "Next" button to restart the missing Java part.

Best regards,

René Lang

SAP NetWeaver on IBM i Development

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello René,

thanks for the information.

Also when we changing the SDM root path in this file to a non IASP path, the error occurs:

usr/sap/SID/INSTANCENAME/SDM/program/config/sdm_jstartup.properties

According to SAP Support there is another "Workaround".

Here we should move the IASP Data to the SYSTEMASP.

Best regards

Tobias