cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make certain fields mandatory in ESS/MSS services 1.41?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have a requirement where in the Standard services in ESS/MSS has to be customized. The customization is more in terms of hiding certain UI fields and adding few new ones. Apart from that, we need to make certain UI fields Mandatory with a red asterix.

We are only suppose to do all these things using Portal alone.

My question to the forum is How to make a UI element Mandatory for a Particular service in Portal.

Lets say Field A is mandatory in Backend, will that be Mandatory in the Frontend also?

If Field B is not mandatory in backend, can we make the corresponding element in Portal mandatory?

Your inputs are certainly percious and much appreciated. Please do provide lots of them. Thanks!

Regards

DK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It should be noted my SDN post is actually for customers that want to make a field optional from mandatory

However the reverse still applies for customers wanting to add the red asterisk - i.e

change the UI property field from u2018Normal to u2018Requiredu2019

Usually mandatory fields in PA30 will be mandatory in ESS - but not always - therefore please follow the steps I mentioned in these cases

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DK

Identify the technical name of the field you wish to make mandatory - then mark it as mandatory in

V_T588M and V_T588MFPROPS (or you can insert an overide for the users MOLGA in V_T588MFPROPS)

- bear in mind that V_T588M also controls PA30 screens and V_T588MFPROPS/C is also cross component

i.e affects more than just ESS

That takes care of the business logic - however as for the UI element red asterisk --> see my post

Best wishes

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

For keeping sme of the fields as mandatory,for that you need to do customozation.

For ESS customization follow the below threard:

For keeping the fields as mandatory:

Regards,

Lavanya.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Lets say we do not want to do any code changes in webdynpro java. In that case, if we make the fields as required on the portal and mandatory in the backend, and a user does not enter data in the field on the portal, will the backend throw a message to the portal?

Thanks & Regards,

Vaishnavi