cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make "Reference Document" field as mandatory in Confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement in confirmation to make "Reference Document" field as mandatory. I have done the config and able to see ' * ' (mandatory) in the reference document field in confirmation. However, system is not validating for entry in that field, I am able to save or post the confirmation w/o the entry in the reference document field.

Version: SRM 7.0 SP05 with EP

SPRO -> SRM Server -> Cross Appl... -> Extension and Field Control (Personalization) -> Configure Field Control -> Configure Control for Fields on Header Level --> Metadata for Fields on Document Headers

Structure Field Name : REF_DOC_NO

Bus. Object Type : BUS2203

Bus. Object Subtype : CF

Transaction Type : CONF

Field Visible : X

Field Enabled : X

Field Required : X

Please advice.

BR,

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siiva,

This is a completely correct conclusion. SAP however states that although you can now mark fields as required as per your configuration there isn't anything controlling the fact that this actually a required field. For this you still, as in previous releases, need to configure some sort of doccheck via an implementation of the BBP_DOC_CHECK_BADI.

Kind regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Schuffelen,

Your suggestion is exactly correct. I have to use DOC_CHECK badi for this.

Reply from SAP on this below,

The flag in the property will not generate an error message. This flag only renders the red asterisk on the screen. The actual error has to be generated on your code

After you have done the customizing to get the field to be shown as mandatory, you have to write a code in your BADI (like DOC_CHECK) to check the value for this field and generate the error message if the field is empty

Thanks for your help!!!!!!

BR

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva or Tim,

would it be maybe possible for you, to give an example or sample of the code, that you might have used regarding this point?

Thank you very much in advance.

Answers (0)