cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Page data not printed in smartform...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a smartform in which I want to print some data in the last page. So after the NEXT Page, I inserted the following nodes

1. Page node - LAST. Its next page is also set as LAST. The next page of NEXT page is also set as LAST.

2. Page window. window type - main window.

3. Program lines node. Here I fetch data from some tables a create an internal table with 2 columns of data. I am not able to debug this code during runtime and so I cannot confirm

if data is being fetched here !!! How to do that ??

4. Loop node - Here I loop thr the internal table populated in the program lines and store in a structure , say ST_TEMP.

5. Under loop node I have the TEXT node where I display the data as:

&ST_TEMP-COL1& &ST_TEMP-COL2&

Now the issue is data is not printed on this page. What could be wrong ? I tried inserting a hard break point in the program lines but control did not stop there.

Is there any way I can figure out what can be wrong ?

thnks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the last page getting called and ur not seeing data printed or the page is not called at all ?

if thats the case , use a command and call the last page at end of the loop on internal table.

make sure ST_TEMP is filled with data... and your using the correct environment and clients (if any )

looks like the rest of the stuff is gud ... first page -> next page

next page -> last page.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like the last page is not called !!! I can see data only on one page and it shows page 1 of 1.

"make sure ST_TEMP is filled with data" how do I do this ?? My program line node has the data filled in the internal table it_temp and the loop node has the data transferred to st_temp for every row. How can I debug the program lines code ??

"use a command and call the last page at end of the loop on internal table"...how to do this ?

thnks

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Looks like the last page is not called !!! I can see data only on one page and it shows page 1 of 1.

>

> "make sure ST_TEMP is filled with data" how do I do this ?? My program line node has the data filled in the internal table it_temp and the loop node has the data transferred to st_temp for every row. How can I debug the program lines code ??

> > Have a break <username> in the program lines. and check it_temp has data in it.

> "use a command and call the last page at end of the loop on internal table"...how to do this ?

> > like program lines there is a "command line" do a little search on SDN for more info on how to use command lines for next page.

>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jay...The command thing helped to see the page though it is blank and I will look why it is so..

My question is why is this forced command usage neccessary ?? what is the issue ? Should it not naturally flow to next page ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

Now the issue is I am able to see the blank page but no data. I tried to put BREAK but the program lines was not at all executed. I verified this by placing the break-poin in other program lines (of other pages) and control stopped there at runtime.

But looks like the program lines of this LAST page is not called !!!

As u mentioned I have added the command to call the last page in the previous page. Is there anything else needs to be done ?

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

One more thing I noticed is that,

I have First Page, Next Page and Last Page and when I inserted the command to call the last page under the main window node of "Next" Page a similar one automatically got inserted under First page node !! And when i try to remove that it removes from the "Next" page node too !!

Problem is this command is appearin in First and Next page nodes and both have the call to LAST page !! Is this correct ??

The issue is still open...Data is not displayed, Last page Program lines code is not executed.

help is very much appreciated.

thnks

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the command line is needed in first page and next page too... if data is filled for first page.. the code need to execute to print the last page. but need to have condition on the command line as, if total number of pages is equal to current page... then execute kindaa logic...

why data is not printed on the last page... its purely depends on your code and your scenario... cannot say with out seeing the form.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Abt your query of data not being dispalyed on the last page, one common issue is the window size..

Check if you window where you are printing the text has enough space to accomodate it.

If this doesnt solve your problem, do give more details for us to understand your issue better.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Varna you were correct...window size was the issue...thanks

Answers (0)