Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to retrieve disk space on E drive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know of any directories that we can clean up within:

usr\sap\trans.

Within the "log" folder, there are files going back to 2002.

Also in "Data", files going back to 02, is it possible to move any of these to another location.

thank you in advance.

Marie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Marie,

If you are using Oracle, follow this...

1. Go to the oraclehome\<SID>\OraArch Directory.

2. Clear .001 files there. They are just archives of old files. I've cleared it several times, it never gave me any problems. Every file will occupy 50MB and there will be something close to 100 files atleast

This should clear some disk space.

Regards

Arunkumar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Network guys moved page file off this drive - gave me 2.5 gb. thanks for all the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arunkumar.

We are using MS SQL DB. Will have a look at Rolf's suggestions.

Thanks again,

Marie

rolfc_weber
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

I will recommend not to clean up files manually, because you then could create inconsistency in your transports and there history.

I would recommend to use "TP" to do this.

Checkout the "TP CHECK ALL pf=<path & name of transport profile>" and the "TP CLEAROLD ALL pf=<path & name of transport profile>".

The first command will check all transports there co-files, data-files and so on if they are still used somewhere, generating a log.

The second command will use this log and delete files that are not used anymore taking into account a lifetime how old they are before deleting....

You should be able to find documentation on this in the online doku of the system or at help.sap.com...

Regards

Rolf