cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

extract SAP database to external database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that there is licensing restiction in accessing oracle database directly. What abt MS. SQL database?

Is it possible to extract the SAP data out from SQL level to external database which is also MS.SQL? If yes, what is the recommended tools?

Regards

CL

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CL,

I agree with the privious poster - leave your DB alone.

To get you data you can use standard RFC functions in VB Script (thats one idea) and get your data the official way

Ta,

Andi

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I understand that there is licensing restiction in accessing oracle database directly. What abt MS. SQL database?

> Is it possible to extract the SAP data out from SQL level to external database which is also MS.SQL? If yes, what is the recommended tools?

>

Please ... there is a search tool available ... and this question is coming up again and again and again...

See [Questions to SAP Support: Is ODBC access to the database a good idea?|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/9742] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; and start thinking about a proper data interface instead of low-level database leaking of data!

regards,

Lars

p.s.

and no - there is no license restriction for MSSQL or MaxDB... just Oracle.

So you are legally allowed to do the wrong thing...