cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic configuration multiple folders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario in which the file adapter should pick multiple files from multiple directories and at the receiver side it should put these files in different folders with different file names. There is no content conversion involved and no message mapping

Please throw some light on how to achieve this

-Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could configure individual File CCs to poll the files and FTP them(Std approach -> No design Objects, only config using Dummy SIs).

~Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

I cant use multiple communication channels.

only one at the receiver and one at the sender are allowed.

Sender side im ok. with one communication channel i can process this using 'Advanced Selection for source file'. This works

Im stuck processing at the receiver side with a single communication channel'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using any mapping?

If you are not using any mapping, create a java mapping populate the Dynamic Configuration with File Name and DIrectory as required and pass the input with out any conversion as output.

If you are using a mapping same logic goes into a UDF.

former_member183908
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Keerthika,

-->In your requirement you dont have the mapping prgoram but i think this may not possible with out mapping....

-->refer this blog for some idea

/people/pavan.kumar110/blog/2009/08/05/processing-multiple-files-in-source-system-and-target-system

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you specify this additional files option in the sender file CC, the content of this additional files will be coming in as "Attachments" along with main payload correct ? if so, i beleive you may not bs able to use the receiver file CC.

Chk this thread - which tells you cleasrly that receiver file CC does not support processing attachments in the payload. You may have to go the Java Proxy way or other options specified in the thread. Hope this helps.

~Saravana

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first of all wonder why you are not allowed usage of multiple channels.

Note that forcing such a rule will only complicate the design wherein by using multiple channels it is going to be an easy design to code and maintain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>first of all wonder why you are not allowed usage of multiple channels. Note that forcing such a rule will only complicate the design wherein by using multiple channels it is going to be an easy design to code and maintain.

I beleive that multiple channels are not required in this case.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using multiple channels is cumbersome. imagine if i have to use 100 channels .. 100 FTP ports opened.its definitely redundant.

Anyways this is solved.

This has been achieved using java mapping by writing the dynamic configuration code inside java mapping

Thanks all

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you can achieve your requirement by using one file communication channel (No need for Java mapping or custom code). Did you had a look the File channel option which allows to get Multiple files from Multiple directories?

Open File channel -> File access parameters -> Provide dummy file name and directory name

-> ENABLE Advanced Selection for Source File -> Provide each directory and File name scheme in each row.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ananth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can you please post your java function ?

We are facing a similar problem.

Thanks!

Gordon