cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget deficit error (BP601)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus,

I have a problem related to budget. I had budget allocated for a project, say 1,000,000 USD. Assigned Material to the project and the planned cost arrived to 938,000 USD.All the assigned components have been issued which is equal to actual costs 934,000 USD. As per my understanding as no other commitments is available, the budget should be 6,000 USD. Even in S_ALR_87013558, it showed as 6,000USD but when I tried to assign some more components (equivalent to 1,000 USD), system gave an error (message no. BP 601) stating that the budget deficit as 942,000 USD. After reconstructing the infobase, system showed that the Remaining order plan value as 938,000 USD and the budget as -942,000USD. As per standard SAP, when the assigned components are issued and actual costs have got posted, then Why such problem occurrs ?

awaiting your expert advice.

i searched the forum and sap notes but could not get the one relating to this issue.

thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

please check that all PR quantity is converted in PO, there must be some Pr open open quantity.

Also please check the PR value is more than the PO value ? try to change the PR value less than the PO value.

Rem order plan value means the values ehich is planned but not converted to actual in execution phase.

please check CJI5 report for open PR's and PO. Also check the the sttandard report showing plan / commitment / actual value in which you will find the from where REM values are coming.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your reply.I have no PR assigned here. All are only Materials lying in the Plant stock and have been issued. That is why I am wondering, when all the assigned components were issued, why the budget is showing wrong value. I checked CJI5 also, which does not have any commitments value for this project..

thanks.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goto CJ31, enter your project, then extras>Availability Control>Analysis...and check the values here.

Answers (0)