Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about signing a form and sending it via mail

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a form with the possibility to sign in digital. This works pretty good and is making fun. But after this I don't get the point with different things.

- After the signature I would like to put some buttons to inactive or invisible.

- Is there an attribute I can read in order to know if the document is signed or not?

- How can I read the attributes (date when the form was signed)? Are there methods/attributes for this?

- How can I send the signed form via e-mail to a receiver that I have to get from a field in the document and to another constant e-mail-address. At the moment I am trying to use xfa.host.gotoURL("mailto:mail @ domain.es") in order to send the mail.

Can someone help me please to clarify some of this points and could give some hints how to do it?

Thanks a lot and have a nice day,

Vanessa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jagdishwar_b
Active Participant
0 Kudos

>> After the signature I would like to put some buttons to inactive or invisible.

Locking a set of fields (or all fields) after signing is provided by ADLC.

See:

http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/acrobat_designer/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/html/wwhelp.htm?conte...

But this functionality may be the part of adobe life cycle designer version 8.0 onwards

Also See the page: http://forms.stefcameron.com/category/acrobat/page/8/ Search for u201CLock Fields After Signingu201D in this page.

>> Is there an attribute I can read in order to know if the document is signed or not?

>> How can I read the attributes (date when the form was signed)? Are there methods/attributes for this?

See the programs like FP_PDF_TEST_12 (you can browse the code using tcode se38).

regards,

BJagdishwar

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello BJagdishwar,

thanks a lot for your answer. Somehow I still don't get the point with it but I will try it out as soon as I am back in the office in a couple of days. Maybe someone can give some samples for my problems?

thx, Vanessa