cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queries on cluster installation with win2k3 & Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 for 640 rel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are in a process installing sap clustered system for 640 basis release o win 2k3 with Oracle 10.2.0.4.0

However i have followed this steps as below..

Install windows on NODE-A & NODE- B, Update windows,

Install required hotfixes which controls high paging on windows as per sap note

#1009297 Windows Server 2003 Family: High Paging Rates

#1416152 Memory problems with Windows server 2003 and 2008

Tested connectivity to Storage area network as recommended in MSCS cluster guide for both NODES

Installed Java on both nodes & set variables , paging etc..

Configure widows cluster & tested the connectivity by moving the shared disks from NODE-A to NODE-B

-

Step 2

I have installed Oracle 10.2.0.4.0 with required bug fixes on Both the NODES by switching all the resources

After this step i am pretty confused that do i need to install OFS server & client.

or

Install CI + DB , Configure MSCS NODE-A,NODE-B

then install Oracle OFS server & client & configure & test the connectivity.

-

At what time my oracle cluster group to be created

At what time my SAP R/3 cluster group to be created

I am also referring to standard instguide & pretty confused on sequence to be followed

Using SAP R/3 Enterprise Core 4.70, SAP R/3 Enterprise Extension Set 2.00, Service Release 1

Please throw some light on the sequence to be followed , so much of time & effort can be saved for me.

Thanks,

Rahul..

Edited by: Rahul on Jul 12, 2010 3:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find my old installation guides for R/3 Enterprise, but for ECC 5.0 the flow is as follows:

- Move all disk groups and cluster group to node A.

- Install Oracle RDBMS on both nodes.

- Install OFS on both nodes.

- reboot.

- verify that all cluster groups are online (and on node A).

- Install Central Instance

- Install Database Instance.

- Configure Node A for MSCS

- Convert Database to OFS

- Configure Node B for MSCS

If you have to reboot any node, verify that the groups are located at the correct node before you continue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank yo for the hinst provided..

I managed to identify Oracle fail safe server for 64 bit on AMD64 bit processor..

I am bit confused in identfying Orcale fail safe client 32 bit ..... Please share the path i will cross check

Reason is instguide says to run sapofs.cmd but it is executable only present for IA64.. i couldn't locate for for EMT64 processor architecture

Convert Database to OFS

any links for this which will help us for smooth process. I am doing full search on this..

Just to share..

thanks

rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There is no need to install OFS client, just install the server alone.

Enabling the database cluster is pretty simple, you just need to follow the steps in the installation guide which is more than enough.

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Regards

SBK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello thank you for the inputs provided

How come OFS client is not required.. Instguide recommends to have OFS client after OFS server.

After completion of OFS SERVER... Do i have go to CI+DB & rest of the steps & finally with DB cluster ??

Please advice.

Thanks,

Rahul

Former Member
0 Kudos

After completion of OFS server you

- install the CI and the DB.

- Configure node A for MSCS

- Convert to OFS

- Configure node B for MSCS.

(as stated in the inst guide).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

I have done MSCS installation for ECC 5.0 and 6.0 I have never installed OFS client seperatly.

During the installation of Oracle Fail Safe 3.3.2.0.0, select 'Typical' this will install all OFS components including the client.

Regards,

SBK

Edited by: SBK on Jul 14, 2010 9:25 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Thank you for the inputs provide, I have completed a first run .. with lot of issues..

Currently prparing for a cutover & i just wanted to share few inputs after installing.

The inst guide also suggest same sequence.. which i have followed...

Move all disk groups and cluster group to node A

- Install Oracle RDBMS on both nodes.

- Install OFS on both nodes.

- reboot.

- verify that all cluster groups are online (and on node A).

- Install Central Instance

- Install Database Instance.

- Configure Node A for MSCS

- Convert Database to OFS

- Configure Node B for MSCS

but i was wondering after installing CI + DB i& configured NODE A.

During Conversion of DB to OFS .. my verification failed many times & i found this is the reason..

The database must be cluster-enabled so that it can be switched between nodes as a group
of resources. To do this, you create an Oracle Fail Safe group and then add the database of
the SAP system to this group.

I have done this in the following process....using linkd.exe i have shared the oracle home & mapped to local drives on both the nodes as suggested in DB upgrade & my DB verification was successful..

However it was not provided in Instguide.. or did i missed to read some where..

Please also advice me am i doing it in correct process...for DB cluster enabling

thanks,

rahul..