cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow to edit fields for approvers only at first and last level - PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are doing SRM7.0 Implementation. In PO, we have 4 levels of approvals. The requirement is some fields should made editable to only first and last approver.

As per the note 1277921, we can make the fields editable to all approvers or the last approver.

1) Is there any possiblity to restrict this only to first approver and last approver?

2) for restricting to last approver, there is a method 'GEN_FIELD_BO_HDR_LASTAPPROVER' . Can I use this?

3) Is it possible to use GEN_FIELD_BO_HDR_FOR_APPROVER and GEN_FIELD_BO_HDR_LASTAPPROVER together?

Please help.

Thanks,

Sivagami R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are using Process controlled BRF based approval for SRM 7.0 SAP provides Approval and Approval with completion. In type approval approver can only approve/reject the procurement document(SC, PO). However in approval with completion approver can also edit the procurement document. Also there is a limitation that all completion levels should be before the approval levels in process level configuration. So in standard you cant have completion levels after approval levels.

Please check with SAP with a OSS message for workarounds.

PS: Workarounds would mostly require changes in standard framework which might destabilize the system.

Regards,

Manidipa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have inherited the standard class and created methods for my requiement. It is working.

thanks,

Sivagami fr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When defining the process levels I can see the 3 options for level type

1) Approval with completion

2) Approval

3) Automatic

Can I use the 'GEN_FIELD_BO_HDR_FOR_APPROVER' and make the level type for 1st level and 4th level approver as

'Approval with completion' and the 2nd 3rd as 'Approval'.

Will it solve my problem?

Thanks,

Sivagami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changing the Decision Type are depends on your business requirements, because if you change the process level decision type, the entire SRM main workflow process will get changed accordingly..

You can simply do a metadata configuration for opening up fields to approvers.. Also you need to create a dynamic classes to accommodate this..

If you need more assistance regarding meta data configuration, let me know..

Thanks!!

Bharath