Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syndicator - data types

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I wish to syndicate data in a flat file.

But in syndicator at destination items tab, i am not able to select the data type option!!

I wish to create couple of integer fields and text fields.

a integer field should not allow text in it, in the same way a text field should not enter a integer value.

Can any one show me where to define data types in syndicator for destination fields?

Kind Regards

Eva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva

Supporting data types other than Text is not supported and not required in the MDM syndication map.

By default the field created is of type Text and that can not be changed.

Also if there are fields in MDM defined as integer it will not allow to store characters/text so there is no need for restricting this behavior again in the syndication destination items.

Hope this answers the query.

thanks-Ravi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>integer field should not allow text in it

MDM does not do Data Type check at the time of Syndication, be it Flat file or XML, even the length defined in XSD is not taken into consideration.Everything is Text in syndication.

These things need to be handled at the time of entering the data in MDM, you can use Console/Assignment/Validations for these.

If you are using PI as middleware, then you can put the logic in PI as well.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member283645
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all .

Eva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eva,

Can any one show me where to define data types in syndicator for destination fields?

As Syndicator export two file formats flat file and XML file.

Using Flat file this is not possible to define data type in Syndicator.

As your requirement is to have a integer field that should not allow text in it, in the same way a text field should not enter a integer value. The Purpose of MDM is to have Cleanse and Accurate data so it should be taken care in MDM itself using required Data Types or Validations/Assignments. So I feel there should be no need for defining Field with Data Type in Syndicator.

If still required, You can use XML file format where you can define Data Type using XSD.

OR You can also take care of these things using Middleware(PI) before sending this data to Destination Remote System.

Regards,

Mandeep Saini