cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executing BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

iam developing an application in which iam importing BAPI's starting with SAP_WAPI_*. but it is a rule of thumb that whenever we update the SAP database using any BAPI's then finally COMMIT or ROLLBACK should be executed.

since iam building a model using BAPI's starting with SAP_WAPI_*, i do not have the provision of importing BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in the same model.

so can i build a separate model using BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and map it to the controller???

will this work???

eagerly waiting for the solutions....

Regards,

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

<i>Since I am building a model using BAPI's starting with SAP_WAPI_*, i do not have the provision of importing BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in the same model.</i>

Why do you say you do not have the provision of importing BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT ?

I do not see any reason why you can't import BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

If you create multiple models, you will open multiple connections to R/3 which may cause performance degradation.

I do not see why you require multiple models here.

Regards,

Subramanian V.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Subramanian and Ajay,

first of all thanks for the response.

kindly let me know how to import two different types of BAPI's. for example "SAP_WAPI_*" and "BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT" in a single model.

because when i give SAP_WAPI_* in the Function Name column and click search and click Next, then after that how do i import BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT???

kindly relieve me out of this confusion..

Regards,

Ajay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Once you import the first one, you will see the import status when the import finishes.

Then click the button Back, you will go to the previous screen where you can search for BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT and click Next to import.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Subramanian and Ajay,

extremely thankful for your answers. i have awarded points.

BTW kindly go through the link below in which i have posted a new query. kindly help me out.

eagerly waiting for your replies.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you get any message when you try to import BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in the same model?

There shouldn't be a problem in doing so.

For commiting the transaction you have to have both the bapis in one model, because that model will open one connection and in the same connection both the bapis will be executed to commit the transaction.

Regards,

Ajay